20. She's Got A Way

She's Got a Way---Billy Joel

She's got a way about her
I don't know what it is
But I know that I can't live without her
She s got a way of pleasin'
I don't know what it is
But there doesn't have to be a reason anyway
She's got a smile that heals me
I don't know why it is
But I have to laugh when she reveals me
She's got a way of talkin'
I don't know why it is
But it lifts me up when we are walkin' anywhere

She comes to me when I'm feelin' down
Inspires me without a sound She touches me
and I get turned around
She's got a way of showin'
How I make her feel
And I find the strength to keep on goin'
She's got a light around her
And ev'rywhere she goes
A million dreams of love surround her
ev'rywhere

Harry Potter had been back for a week...Seven whole days.

His name and stock photos were splattered on the front page of every wizarding world publication while reporters speculated his whereabouts. Despite the lone sighting at Hogwarts none had neither seen nor heard from him since. Well, nobody who'd blab to the newspapers.

Hermione and Harry spent most of their time in Muggle London enjoying trips to the cinema and various restaurants for clandestine dinners. Harry masked his scar with a concealment charm and covered his trademarked mop of messy hair with a baseball cap. It seemed what they were doing was working since nobody was any wiser to where he was.

The more time Harry spent with Hermione, the more he knew that his decision to return to England—to home—and to teach at Hogwarts had been correct. He and Hermione walked around the flat with goofy grins on their faces and on more than one occasion Lavender teased them that their sweetness had been giving her toothaches.

Yet they were still in that "can't keep their hands off of each other" stage.

At the moment, this was making the simple task of getting ready for dinner far more complicated than either had intended. For one thing, this wasn't just any ordinary dinner. Tonight, Harry was going to meet Hermione's parents for the first time. He tried to deny his apprehensive feelings about this rendezvous but he was rather transparent and Hermione could see right through him.

"Okay, so maybe I am a little nervous," Harry finally admitted while Hermione helped him with his tie after he'd become flustered when he couldn't get it straight. Hermione had taken pity on him after watching him grumble and fuss in front of the mirror for the past fifteen minutes before offering her assistance.

Hermione laughed. "You have no reason to be nervous, Harry. My parents are going to love you."

"You sure are sure of yourself," Harry said as she looped her arms around his neck.

"I am," she said with a smug grin before pressing her lips to his. "Because I know I'm right."

Harry kissed her again, thinking he would like nothing more than to carry her back to bed and forget about dinner with her parents.

"We"—Hermione said in between kisses—"really shouldn't start something that we aren't going to be able to finish..."

Harry nodded and reluctantly released her. "Yeah, probably wouldn't be a good idea to be late to meet your mum and dad."

They both resumed their previous task so Hermione touched up her makeup and Harry attempted to tame his hair yet again.

"This is a lost cause," he said, throwing the comb back in the basin.

"You could borrow some of Lav's Sleekeasy's if you want," Hermione said as she opened the medicine cabinet. Harry gaped at the overflowing shelves that were overflowing with loads of different bottles and jars of varying sizes, shapes, and colors.