26. Forever & For Always

Forever & For Always

In your arms,
I can still feel the way you want me
when you hold me
I can still hear the words you whispered
when you told me
I can stay right here forever in your arms

And there ain't no way
I'm lettin' you go now
And there ain't no way
and there ain't no how
I'll never see that day....

'Cause I'm keeping you
forever and for always
We will be together all of our days
Wanna wake up every morning
to your sweet face
Always-----

(Shania Twain, Forever & For Always)

"You want to go with us?" Harry asked, still gob smacked that Ron was actually here, standing in the doorway.

Ron shrugged. "Well, you know, I was just....thinking....might be....you know..."

"You want to go on my stag night?" Harry asked, helping his friend out.

Ron absently began kicking the door with his foot. "I didn't have anything else to do. I was just eating dinner with Luna and she thought, well she thinks that I...that we..."

"It's okay," Harry said giving him a slight smile. "I'm...I'm really glad that you're here, Ron. I couldn't imagine doing this without you."

Ron finally met Harry's gaze. "I feel the same. Or I would, if it were me getting married, but it's not. It's you and Hermione."

"Are you okay with that?"

Ron didn't answer at first. Seamus, Dean and Neville exchanged looks.

"I'm getting there," Ron said truthfully.

"I don't know about you two," Seamus said walking in between them. "But this is Harry's last night as a bachelor. We want to send him out in style, right?"

"Right," Ron said grinning.

"I've already been warned not to get pissed the night before my wedding," Harry reminded them.

"Which is why you have me along," Dean said. "Remember all those great hangover potions of mine? I helped sober all of you up without the fuss and muss."

"Something tells me Hermione will be able to tell," Harry said.

"Are you scared of your wife-to-be?" Dean teased.

"Bloody terrified," Harry said. "You obviously have never seen her angry. It's not a pretty picture mate."

"He's right there Dean," Ron chimed in good-naturedly. "You don't want to be on the receiving end of one of Hermione's arguments."

Harry couldn't believe this was actually happening. Ron was actually here and making an effort. And seemed to be doing well enough now that he could joke about Hermione. Things weren't as they were before, but at least they were on their way back. It was a start.

❾¾ ❾¾❾¾❾¾ ❾¾❾¾❾¾

"I can't feel my face," Hermione said as Lavender slathered more mud masque on her face.

"You'll thank me for this tomorrow morning," Lavender said smugly. "This is going to make you look positively radiant, Hermione."

"Like she's going to need any help," Ginny said looking up from where she was painting Eva's nails. "She's going to get one sight of Harry in his dress robes and she'll be grinning so brightly we'll be able to see all her teeth."

Luna folded the latest edition of the Daily Prophet and set it aside. "I still can't believe they think that your wedding is going to be at Hogwarts!"