27. All I Have

All I have is all I need
And it all comes down to you and me
How far away this world becomes
In the harbor of each other's arms

I feel like I've known you forever and ever
Baby, that's how close we are
Right here with you is where my life has
come together
And where love has filled my heart

You know I'd go anywhere
As long as I have you to care

(Beth Nielsen Chapman---All I Have)

Three Years Later

Harry stood just outside the loo as he listened to his best friend retch. Ron hadn't been this ill since right before his first professional Quidditch match. Even more puzzling was the fact that his friend hadn't eaten anything all morning.

This from the bloke who's appetite and bottomless stomach was something of legend. Harry could still remember how Ron would stuff himself at Hogwarts feasts and how his friend had once eaten six large pizzas all on his own and had tried for a seventh but his mates had cut him off not able to watch anymore.

Ron wasn't like this because he was hung over or experiencing the ill effects of a stomach bug. No, Ron was nervous because in less than an hour's time, he would be a married man.

Seeing as Harry had been in Ron's shoes three years ago, he knew exactly what his friend was going through.

Thankfully, Dean Thomas chose that moment to come back into the room with a bottle of water and a vial of anti-nausea potion that Ginny had whipped up in a pinch. Dean winced as he heard Ron throwing up yet again.

"Maybe we should have an emergency bucket at the altar just in case," Dean suggested to Harry. "Probably wouldn't do for him to be in the middle of his vows and hurl all over the bride---"

"I HEARD THAT!" Ron shouted from the loo.

Harry shook his head. "I'm sure Ron's going to be just fine after he takes this." Harry opened the bathroom door and saw his friend hugging the u-bend. Ron was still wearing his t-shirt and jeans and his skin was quite pale and his hair was a mess.

"Here you go," Harry said uncapping the vial and handing it to Ron. "Drink up."

Ron took a whiff of the potion. He wondered why something that was supposed to prevent nausea should smell so bad that it made you feel like retching. The least Ginny could have done was make it smell nice like pumpkin juice.

"Drink," Harry ordered.

Ron nodded and did as he was told. The cool liquid tickled his throat.

"Good lad," Dean said standing in the doorway.

Ron leaned against the wall as the colour returned to his face and the sick feeling in his stomach started to go away.

"Ease up, Ron," Dean counselled. "You're going to be just fine. No need for cold feet."

Ron took a swig of water. "I don't have cold feet, Dean."

"Could have fooled me," Dean shot back.

"For your information," Ron said glaring at him. "I do want to marry Luna, you wanker. I'm just...bloody scared that I'm going to cock this up as I've done with every other girl I've dated. For all I know, she's probably sitting in her room wondering why she'd ever agreed to marry Ronald Sodding Weasley."

"You're probably right," Dean said thoughtfully.

Harry sighed. Usually it was Ron who played the role of the tactless friend saying the first thing that came to his mind without thinking it through beforehand. And while this usually provided comic relief, the last thing that Ron needed at a time like this was someone who was going to make him question what he was doing.