The Fire: part 2

I unbuckle my seat belt to get out, but Luke grips my shoulder and stops me. "What hell are doing?" He asks with a concerned and confused look. "I'm going to see how bad the fire is." I say, ripping away from his grip. I open the passenger door and run towards the burning building. "Wait!" Lukes calls out.
I'm al most to the building when I look behind me to see Luke getting out of the car to run after me. Damn he's a fast runner! How the hell is he doing all of this? First he called a lover a "mate", second was being able to smell the fire from miles away, and third, he can run like a fucking wild wolf. Something weird is going on. And why do I keep referring him to a wolf?!
Probably because he's acting like one.
I continue to run towards the building and when I'm close enough I stop. The flames are too high. They'll never be put out in time. It's gone. All of my belongings and clothes. Gone.
I feel a tear escape my eye and roll down my cheek as I watch the building burn to smoke and ash. I never knew how something that you cared so little about could effect you this much until now.
I feel a gentle hand on my shoulder and look behind me to see Luke standing there, watching the building burn just as I was. He looked down at me with a look that a told me he realized that I was crying. "It's gone." I say. Luke rubs my shoulder. "Where will you go now?" Luke asks. The question make me shed another tear. "I don't know. I have no where to go. I'll be on the streets." I say. "No. I wont allow that," Luke says.
His words bring a certain warmth and comfort to me, like a warm hug; like the ones Luke has given me. I've never felt more safe and comfortable then I have when I'm in his arms. "You can stay with me." He says. I hear his words and my body stiffens. I look up at him to find that he's looking back down at me. I shake my head, "No, I couldn't do that. I've already taken up space." I say.
His look turns conserned, confused, sad and angry all in one. I don't know what look it is, but I know what it means. "Why do you keep saying that? I already told you that you weren't." He says. "I know, but I feel that if I stay with you I will ruin everything. I don't want to hurt you in some way." I say.
He looks at me with an expression that is unreadable. He looks like he's going to cry or explode with rage. "My life is already ruined, I told you my story. I don't understand how you could ruin it even more." He says. I'm at the verge of tears. I haven't told him much about myself likes he has to me. "Well maybe I haven't told you my story." I say. The look on his face turns blank and confused.
I walk away from his grip on my shoulder and closer towards the burning apartments ahead of us. I look around to observe everything that is happening around the chaos. The paramedics, the fire department, and the police are here. The fire department is trying to put out the fire and the police are trying back everyone away.
I see that the paramedics are taking severely injured and burnt people into the ambulances. Oh god, these poor people. The feeling of loss hits me again and I shed another tear.
What will you do know?
I don't know.

~

Sorry this chapter is so short. I've been busy so I did the best I could. Love you guys!