Hidden Talents

I wake up feeling something that I haven't felt in what seems like forever. I felt good and...happy. I can't remember the last time I felt this way. It feels good, yet I still have this feeling of loneliness, but I still feel happy to be here with Luke.
   I sat up and stretched my arms and yawned. I sat there on the bed andl looked around the room, not looking for anything specific. I move the bed sheets off of me and walk into the bathroom. I realized I didn't shower in a while so I striped from my clothes and took a shower.
   After my shower, I dried off and put my long sleeve shirt and boxers on. I haven't washed my clothes at all recently either. I sniff my shirt. It doesn't smell too bad, that's good. I walk out of the bathroom and put on my jeans.
   I walk down stairs. I don't see Luke anywhere. He's probably still asleep and tired from his run last night. I try my best to keep as quiet as possible so I don't wake him up. At least, I think he's asleep.
   The day outside looks very beautiful. The sun shines on the tips of the forest trees and the snowy peak of a mountain on the distance.
   I walk out the sliding glass doors in the living room and shut the doors behind me. I breathe in the fresh, foresty air and walked out a little more.
   I never realized how beautiful the world can be. How beautiful the bird's song is, how one little sapling can grow into a tree as giant as a skyscraper, and how one person can change your sad and miserable  world.
   Like Luke.
   As I'm walking deeper into the woods, I hear a snap of at twig and I quietly turn my head towards the direction of the sudden noise. I look around to try find the culprit, but see nothing. I continue looking around me before I see this majestic elk walk in front of me. It stares at me for a moment before coming closer. I'm terrified yet astonished at the same time. I slowly put my hand out to pet its nose. I step closer and my fingers finally touch its nose. I move closer and start petting the side of its nose. It rose its head up hight and backed away.
   Suddenly, a branch snapped from a tree and crashed to ground somewhere close. The elk raised its head in the direction of the crash and jolted away. I was shocked. Not because of the elk running away, but because I just pet a wild elk. I was shocked, but also amazed.
  I walk deeper into the forest until I hear this beautiful melody of a guitar. The sound is so perfect and beautiful, it brings delight to my ears. Where is it coming from? I continue to walk in the direction that I was and the sound gets louder with every step. 
   Once the music sounds close enough, I look behind some trees that were, surprisingly, hiding a beautiful meadow with the greenest grass I've ever seen, and in the center of the meadow with a big oak tree, which leaf covered branches stretched out many feet, leaving shade underneath it. But shade wasn't the only thing underneath the big oak tree, so was the suspect of the beautiful guitar playing; and I was shocked to see who it was. Luke.
   God damn, he's good.
   I figured he hadn't seen me yet, so I walked closer to the big tree and snuck to the opposite side. As quietly as I could, I went around the tree to get a closer look at him playing.
   I didn't want to stop listening to him play. It was so beautiful, so right. I felt as if I was about to fall into a deep sleep. The tune didn't seem familiar, but it was still the most beautiful thing I've ever heard.
   He suddenly stops playing and my ears yearn and long for more. "How did you find me?" He sighs. How did he find me? How did he know I was there? I push my questions aside and focus on his. "I followed you." I lie. I sit next to him and put one knee to my chest and my other leg flat on the ground in front of me as I lean back onto the surprisingly soft bark of the tree. "Where did you learn to play like that?" I ask.
   He sits quietly before saying a word for a short moment. "My father." He says. I can hear the sadness in his words. "Oh" is all I can say to his response. "He was a great guitar player," He states, "that's how my mother found him. It's one of the things that she found most attractive about him." He laghs a little as he explains how his mother loved his father's guitar playing, and I can't blame the woman. Hell, I'm already crazy for her sons guitar skills.
   I stare up at him, but shortly gaze out into the forest like he is. "You're really good." I say. "Thank you." He responds. He sit in silence for a short time. "So, are we still going for that run tonight?" I ask. He stares down at me and grins. "Of course." He says.
   We sit under the tree for I while as Luke continues to play his guitar. Coming out into the forest today is the best thing that has happened to me in I long time. It's beautiful to be able to sit next to Luke in the shade underneath the big oak tree.
   Are your feelings for him growing?
   Maybe.

~

This chapter probably sucks, sorry. But if you do like it, thanks for reading. I know I said I would update every weekend, but I was really bored. I hope you enjoyed the chapter and enjoying the story so far. I Love you guys!