As Long As I'm With You

One week later...

   Luke and I are in the meadow lying under the big oak tree. Lukes lies on his back on the ground as I lie on Lukes chest, as we listen to the birds chirp and Luke plays with my hair. The soft quiet sound of the forest around us is nice. "Luke? Can I ask you a question?" I ask. He looks up at me from he position on the ground. "Of course, what is it?" He responds. I stare into his silver grey eyes. "Are you afraid of death?" I ask. "No. As long as I have you by my side, I fear nothing." He says. I smile at him and move my head closer to his and kiss his lips. "As long as your by my side, I fear nothing." I say, repeating his words.
   I kiss his lips again and place my hands on the side of his stubbled face as Luke places his hand on my waist and the other on the back of my head, pulling me closer.

   Luke told me more about this witch named 'Levyesinth'. Apparently she had long blond hair and eyes as purple as amethyst, she was alway hidden in a black cloak. She had spoke in a very proper medieval language. She was able to hold the power of the earth and bend it to her will. She carried a a dagger which was riddled with an ancient poison called Elderonis.
   She was a horrible women who would seduced men and murdered them as sacrifices for her wicked ways in order to keep her power.
   Luke told me that she murdered her male victims with her poisonous dagger, which traped their very souls inside of it. No moving on after death, just traped for all eternity. It pains me to think that that could have happened to Luke.

   Luke stares into my eyes as I stare into his. "Luke, when you say that you killed that witch Levyesinth, you say that you killed her 'long ago'. It couldn't have been that long ago, you're only like, what? Twenty, thirdy something?" I ask. He chuckles softly. "What's so funny?" I ask. He looks up at me. "You have my age all wrong." He says smiling. "Well then how old are you?" I ask. His smile fades and he looks away from me. "Luke, what's wrong?" I ask. He sighs. "I'm afraid that if I tell you, you won't want to be with me." He says, looking up to face me again.
   His words almost hurt. Of course I will still want to be with him. I place my hand on his stubbled face and kiss his lips in such a way I don't believe I have before, but he didn't seem to be complaining. We separate our lips. "Luke, you can tell me." I say. He hesitates before answering, but soon comes around. "I was born in 1872, on August twenty third." He says.
   I'm not shocked or surprised. He is a werewolf, after all. "Really? What was like back then?" I ask. He smirks. "It was.....harsh. There was the racism, and the homophobia, and all sorts of bad shit like that." He says. "Wow, that sounds like a hell of a time to be in." I say. He sighs. "Any time is a bad place for a werewolf like me," He starts, "Unless I'm with you." He says. I smile brightly. "As long as you're by my side, I fear nothing." I say. He smiles and chuckles.
   Luke lifts his head and kisses me passionately and holds me close to his chest as I listen to the soft, soothing sound of his heartbeat. He breaths slow and soft until he stiffens, as if he thought of something urgent. "Hey, do you want to do something fun?" He asks. "Like what?" I ask. I get off of him and we stand up. "Get on my back." He says before shifting into his big wolf form shortly after. I get on his back and hold his fur tightly as he dashes at full speed into the forest, dodging trees and jumping over stumps and bushes as he runs faster.
   It feels nice to feel the wind in my hair and the thrilling feeling of excitement.

~~~

   Tonight, Luke and I sit on the couch and watch a comedy movie. He holds me close to his chest. I love the feeling of his chest bouncing up and down every time he laughs.
   I suddenly hear my phone ring on the side table next to the couch. I pick it up and put it to my ear. "Hello?" I ask. "You better leave, or else she will you kill you." The man on the other line says. The man has a deep, ominous voice that suddenly makes the blood drain from my face and causing me to feel shaky and cold. "W-who is this?" I ask. They don't respond and then the calls ends.
   What...the fuck...was that?
   I place the phone down on the table with a shaky hand. "BenBen? What's wrong?" Luke asks, rubbing his hand on my back. "Nothing. I'm fine." I say, not even making eye contact with him. I continue to watch that is movie playing to try and distract myself and calm down.
   It's probably nothing. It was probably just a prank call that a few stupid teenagers pulled. Everything is fine. I'm fine.
   Luke and I watch the movie until the end luke and I are almost at the verge of tears from how funny the ending was. "That was fucking hilarious." He says. I yawn and cuddle up into his chest. "Looks like someone's ready for bed." He says. He picks me up bridal style and carries me up the stairs and into the bedroom.
   I've been sleeping with Luke in his bed for the past week now. I feel more safe when I'm with him. I feel more at home.
   As long as I have him by my side, I fear nothing.