New Home

Guess what? I'm sick with a sore throat! YAY! I'm obviously being sarcastic because it hurts like hell, but I'm still updating because I don't have anything else to do. Hope you enjoy the chapter. Love you!

~

   Luke came up to me again and insisted that I stay with him for at least a while longer. I didn't want to. I didn't want to ruin everything like I always do. I don't want him to see who I really am. I don't want him to see the scars on my wrists, or the sadness in my eyes; but I have no choice, unless I want to be on the streets.
   It's only for a bit longer.
   Luke looks at me, waiting for me to answer for the third time. I look deeply into his eyes and feel something warm and loving. It makes me wonder something, something that I hadn't thought of yet.
   Does Luke...have feelings for me?
   I can't say no. I want to say with him. He brings light into my darkness and makes my heart flutter every time he even speaks a word to me. "I have no other choice." I say. His face brightens. "Can we leave? I don't want to be here anymore." I say. "Of course." He says.
   We start walking to the truck and I don't look back. I need to let this place  go a put i behind me. We get to the car and we drive away. "So what do you want to do now?" Luke asks. I sit there still and just looking at the road in front of us, as if I'm paralyzed, which I kind of am thanks too all that just happened. I look up at Luke and simle."Home." I say. Luke smiles and drives a bit faster.
   A little while later, we make it back to Lukes cabin. We walk inside and I go directly up stairs to the room I stayed in last night, without even saying a word to Luke, and locked the door.
   I look around the room with a blank face. I guess this is my home now, but it's all happening so fast. Just yesterday I met Luke and now his house is suddenly my new home. It's all so quick and confusing.
   I take off my shoes and lie on the bed. I feel a tear escape my eye and soak intothe pillow, then another tear, and then another, and another. My small tears turn into quiet sobs that soak into the pillow and stain my cheeks.
   I sit up on the bed and run my hands through my hair and try and collect and organize my thoughts. How did I end up in this position as quickly. Is it just fate? Is it because Luke is just a really, really nice guy? Or is it because Luke is hot as fuck and I'm beginning to form feelings for him? Because I know I have feelings for him. Or, what if it's because Luke has feelings...for me?
   These questions ran in my head for a while as I just sat there on the bed of the guest bedroom. Then this other question came to me.
   Why was Luke acting so weird?
   Just as the thought popes into my head, I hear a nock at the door. "Ben?" I hear Luke's deep voice at the other side of the door. "May I come in?" He asks. I stiffen, knowing that my eyes are probably all puffy and red from crying. I quickly wipe away the remaining tears on my cheeks. "Um...n-no, I...uh...j-just got out of the shower." I lie, stuttering on my words. "No you didn't. If you did, I would've heard the shower down stairs." He says. Damn it, I don't want him to see me like this.
   I slowly walk over to the door, unlock it, and open it a crack. "What do you want?" I ask. "May I come in, please?" He asks. I sigh and slowly open the door and look up at him. He gets an expression on his face that tells me that he noticed my res eyes from crying. He sighs and follows me inside the room and we sit on the bed.
   We sit in silence for a little while before a word is spoken. "Is it confusing? I understand if it is." He says. I sit there thinking for a moment before saying anything. "Everything seems to be happening so fast, that I barely remember how I got here." I say. "I get it." He says.
   We continue to sat in silence for a little bit. I run my hands through my hair and sigh. "I don't even know why you're letting me stay with you. I dont if it's just because your a nice person, or if it's something else." I say. He chuckles. "I guess I'm just a nice person?" He says. I give out a small chuckle as well.
   I what to ask him why he was acting all weird earlier, but I it but considering it might be offensive. "So, what you said about me being your best friend, is that true?" He asks. I look up at him with a grin. "Well you're not my best friend, I barely know you; but, you're the best thing that I have closest to a friend." I say.
   He looks at me and grins. I seems as if he would like us to be best friends, but he's still greatful for what we have. "Well, I'm happy to hear that." He says.
   He stands. "Well, I'll leave you alone now." He says, walking to the door. "Wait!" I say, grabbing his wrist. He looks back at me confused. "Uhh...see you later?" I say, awkwardly letting go of his wrist. "Of course you will." He says with a chuckle and a grin. "O-okay, bye." I say. He opens the door and steps out. "Goodbye, Ben." He says grinning before shutting the door.
   I fall back and lie on bed with a happy sigh. I close my eyes and smile. I don't even care if he was acting weird earlier, I want to stay.
   Oh Luke, what are you doing to me?