Chapter 5 - Bunny Love

Vote and comment! It motivates me to keep writing!

감사합니다 💜

───●●───

A week. It felt like a year. We lived in what looked like a small one-room studio apartment, with complete isolation from the outside. There wasn't anything we could do, except for talking to each other or read one of the many books who filled the bookshelves. Throughout the week we kept wondering when it would end.

Soon we found out we were constantly being watched. We found out when Candy started to talk about her family. Instantly two of those guys entered the room and grabbed her. She kicked and screamed when they dragged her out.

She was gone for an hour or so.

When she came back she didn't talk anymore. When we asked what happened she just responded with "Never ever discuss anything about yourself from the past with the other girls. If that happens, punishments will follow."

She had marks on her body that she tried to hide.

What did they do to Candy?

We searched and found the many hidden cameras who kept watch over us. We had to be careful with what we said.

It felt awful, not having any privacy for ourselves. We were even scared to shower in our bathroom since we couldn't find a camera there. We didn't know for sure if we were save there from them spying on us. We didn't know if we were save at all. At any moment they could barge in.

We tried to have fun throughout the week to keep ourselves positive. We looked for weird books and read the weirdest parts out loud, too amuse ourselves. Lots of books there weren't particularly written for children's eyes, more for frustrated teens or adults.

We fully immersed ourselves in the story, trying to get each other to laugh.

I mean: "Stop making me deepthroat!" was pretty funny to read and created some laughs in the room.

Over the week we became friendlier with each other, being able to occasionally laugh together. Still, we were very cautious with what we talked about, afraid they would be barging in and take us and do whatever they did to Candy.

Especially Bunny and I became good friends. We related to one another and liked being in each other's presence. At night we would snuggle up on the couch, each reading our own book, since that was the only source of entertainment we had.

We had one bed to share, which fitted the three of us but wasn't super comfortable. We would postpone the sleeping as much as we could, also a little afraid someone would take us at night. We took shifts of keeping watch, so the others could sleep comfortably.

+

Laying in bed me and Bunny faced each other, while Candy was sitting on the couch, keeping watch over the door since she had slept before us. We just stared into each other's eyes, too nervous to fall asleep since hours before a voice had spoken through the speakers that tomorrow a girl was going to be picked.

"I want to tell you something," Bunny whispered. I raised my eyebrows and looked at her, curious to know what was on her mind. Her eyes left mine when she looked up, I followed her gaze and realized she was looking at one of the cameras. She looked back at me and in one motion she covered our whole bodies under the blanket.

"I'm super curious now," I whispered back. "What do you want to tell me?"

"I want to tell you something about me, are you okay with that?" she whispered. I nodded and leaned in closer. "So okay I got to say, I'm sorry I haven't said this earlier, but I think you're super attractive," she shyly mumbled with a grin on her face.

I pretended to bow down and softly whispered "Thank you thank you," while giggling.

"But like I mean for real," she looked away from my eyes.

"Okay thank you, I appreciate your love Bunny," I whispered while stroking her arm. "But this is what you were going to tell me about yourself?" I questioned.

"No.. okay so the real me in real life is called Riley and," she paused while looking away. "She is like super gay," she whispered as quiet as she could while facing me again.

I giggled. "I'm Ellie," I whispered back. "I guess I would say that I'm straight, but I have fallen in love with a girl before so who the fuck knows what I am. I just know that I think you're awesome," I smiled looking at her face, she looked kind of relieved.

"You know what," I whispered. She looked confused into my eyes before I smashed my lips onto hers.

We kissed for a good while, we both had to pull away to breathe.

"What was that for," she whispered while panting.

"Just because I like you," I grinned back. I stretched out my arms and grabbed her tightly. We fell asleep in each other's arms.

+

I woke up to Riley's eyes looking at me. "Sorry," I mumbled before I untangled our arms. "You must have been super uncomfortable laying like this."

"I hope you get picked, you're such a fun and loving person," she blurted out.

"I'm selfish," I started. "I hope Candy gets picked so we can both go up to heaven and have fun for eternity," I smiled looking at her face.

She giggled and looked at me. "Good plan."

+

Us three were now standing in the room we started in with all the other girls, only now it was just the three of us. The boys were standing on the other side of the bars looking at us. The leader just explained that today was the day they picked the person.

"So let's get started," the leader said. A moment of silence, before he announced "Candy, beautiful girl, can you walk up to the door?" Candy jumped out of excitement and walked over to the door, not paying any attention to Riley and me anymore. I grabbed Riley's hand to comfort her and she squeezed mine to do the same.

When Candy left the room the boys were still standing there.

"Alright Bunny, you can go to the door now," The redhead explained.

Shock filled our faces.

They didn't pick Candy, they just send her off.

Now they were going to do the same thing to Riley.

I looked over to her and tears started to fill my eyes. "No... It's not fair," I whimpered while I put her in an embrace.

"It's okay girly, you deserve to live and be happy," she whispered while cupping my face. "It's okay, my life was shit anyways," she chuckled, having the same mentality as me. Even though she chuckled I could see the sadness and stress on her face when tears started to form in her eyes.

I wiped my tears away and whispered so only she could hear: "See you soon," while giving her a slight smile.

She looked confused but nodded anyway while walking to the door.

Then she stopped walking and stood still for a moment.

"We don't have all day Bunny come on," Jimin irritatedly said.

She quickly ran back to me and whispered into my ear: "With live and be happy I mean escape this hellhole Ellie, I know you can," she pulled away and stared into my eyes, we both nodded as she jogged back to the door.

As soon as she reached the door it opened, and like that, she was gone.

I stared at the guys, not knowing what to do or what to say. Why me?

"Okay, enough sappy stuff, let's introduce ourselves to our new lady," the guy with the white hair declared.

───●●───

(A/N): So there's a little easter egg in the story ^^