The Blue-Eyed Stranger

************
"I've been watching you
for some time
Can't stop staring at
those oceans eyes

************"I've been watching you for some timeCan't stop staring at those oceans eyes

************

I work in a small bakery called 'Sarah's Bakery' and no my name isn't Sarah. My name is Zoe Willson. In the morning I work in that bakery as a cashier then when my shift ends, I work as a waiter in a restaurant.

Growing up, I never thought that I'd end up as a waiter or a cashier. I had big dreams, I've always wanted to become a surgeon but my financial status could never allow that. 

I'm still trying to pay back the money for my parent's medical bills, what medical bills you may ask? Well, my parents got into an accident two years ago which ended their lives.

I am a lonely child, I have no family. 

Last year I got evicted from my home, the home which was filled with the memories of my parents, filled with love. But I lost it, I lost the memories, and I lost my childhood. 

I tried, I tried so hard to keep my home, I took late-night shifts in bars, restaurants, clubs, you name it. But it was not enough. 

I woke up, woke up to this new day, I changed into some clothes then I went to my car and started driving to the bakery.

But as I arrived I saw the owner of the bakery, Suzan a woman in her early 60s, waiting outside of the bakery with an envelope in her hands. I ran up to her and asked, "What's wrong Suzan?"

"The place is getting sold." She said with a sad look on her face.

"What?? Why??"

"I'm retiring my darling, and my daughter, Sarah, doesn't want to take over my small business."

"Why did you decide to retire all of a sudden?"

"Zoe, sweetheart I'm getting old and my dream of traveling the world hasn't been accomplished yet. So I'm going to travel with my husband tomorrow to Europe and when I'm gone, no one would be here to take over the bakery. I really want to help you but I'm left with only one solution, and it's to sell this bakery." She said then she added with pity, "I'm so sorry sweetheart, I know you needed that money."

"No don't be, it's fine. And with all the hard work you do, you deserve a vacation." I said with a smile as I turned around to leave.

"Wait, Zoe!!!" She said as I turned around, "yeah?" I asked.

"Here you go." She said as she handed me the envelope which she was previously holding.

"What is it?" I asked her as I took the envelope from her hands.

"I know my retirement was all of a sudden, so I decided to give you some money for your hard work. So you could manage until you find another job."