Uncovered Past

************
"My past is what I've been through,
It's not who I am.

************"My past is what I've been through,It's not who I am

************

The Next Morning

I woke up in Nathan's room, and I couldn't wait to talk to him about the whole Mafia thing. Not that I'm interested or anything but I want to know who I'm dealing with.

After I finished my morning routine I was still wearing last night's clothes but without the cardigan, I went to Nathan's office "Nathan, we need to talk." I said.

"Sit down." He said, still looking at the papers on his desk.

I sat down on the chair facing him, then I said, "Nathan." Trying to grab his attention.

"Uhm?" He said still looking at the folder, so I took the folder out of his hands and said, "It's disrespectful not giving your full attention to someone who is talking to you."

He was shocked by my action, but what shocked me was that he smirked later and said "Ok, my attention is fully on you know, what do you want to know?"

"Why are you keeping me here, I won't tell the cops?"

"You know where our mafia house is located, and I can't trust you with that information you have on us."

"So you ruin my life by making me live in yours!!"

"Princess, if anything your life just got better it's full of luxury, rather than that poor life you were living. You work as a waiter at a restaurant and you just got fired as a cashier in a bakery, so I don't think you'd want to get back to that apartment and job of yours."

"First do not fucking call me princess, second that life that I was living is way better than this one. Third how the fuck do you know that stuff?"

"How do you think I got it, I am Nathan Gray. I know everything about you."

"You know nothing, you don't know what I've been through."

"Trust me I do." He said as he stared at me then continued talking, "You lost your parents two years ago in a car crash. You wanted to be a surgeon, but you don't have the money to be a med student. Your a lonely child, no family to take care of, so you take care of yourself. You barely have money to pay for your rent. And based on that body of yours, you don't eat sometimes to save money for your parent's medical bills."

I looked at him as he recited my whole past, I couldn't face him because I knew deep down that he was right. He saved me in some way, maybe from that unhealthy lifestyle that I had been following these past two years. So I stood up and left his office without saying any other word.

I ran up to my room, locked the door, and felt a teardrop roll down my cheek. I don't know why I was crying, maybe because of all the shit that I have been through or maybe because of all the shit, I am going through.