01 | Treachery of the Evil Bus

✦✧✦

✦✧✦

Does a dustbin lives a depressing life? Does it feel heavy when things are dumped into it and then itself is dumped in a truck loaded with rubbish?

Bizarre thoughts always travelled their way through Kim Taehyung's brain whenever he seated himself on the toilet seat. The philosophy of stupidity almost satisfying. Almost.

Loud banging on the bathroom door made him drop the toilet paper roll. "TAEHYUNG!" That was his mother's yell.

Boy, was he screwed.

He hastily brought up his Gucci wrist watch and almost killed himself.

The bus reached its point at 8:30 exact.

The watch was telling him 8:43.

He winded up his private business quickly and stepped out of the restroom, aiming for the shoe rack near the front door before his mum caught up with him. Sure enough, Taehyung's mother emerged from the kitchen, hands gloved in pink mittens but face red with rage.

Taehyung slumped his shoulders, surrendering instantly. He was absolutely ready for the waves of countless insults and so had dug his hands deep into his jeans.

Surprisingly, his mother gave a huge sigh and removed her mittens, placing them on the kitchen's slab, then approaching his taller son with a look that made Taehyung bow his head down in guilt.

She told him in the famous motherly tone that all children despise, "For the umpteenth time, Tae, you are not in high school anymore."

"I know," he uttered in his deep, hoarse voice.

She was giving him an I-know-what-to-do-with-you face but with his head still low and his eyes interested in his feet, he couldn't see that. With a gust of finalisation, his mother spoke up again, "I will be speaking about this to your Appa. This is too much." With a pat on his silky brown head, she left without another word.

Grudgingly taking his sneakers off the shelf and putting them on with struggling grunts, he shouldered his bag and puts on the leather jacket which he snatched from the hook of the stand at the corner; it was snowing last night too, and Seoul was dug in whiteness.

Late January semester meant sleepy days and lazier nights, the faulty subject of delayed assignments. Missing the alarm's bell early in the morning with the thought of missing his bus was a process of melting the brain.

To be blunt: university life was a pain in the ass.

Recovering from his moody thinking which also involved the torture of his thin sneakers which did nothing to his now frozen feet, he began to formulate ideas to put a stop to all of this, coming to nothing.

So, he bitterly started running in the snowy footpath to get to his university faster.

He wasn't being irresponsible. He was just tired of playing the game of get-the-bus as if he was a desperate child running after his choo-choo train. An insult right in the face.

If only Jimin lived near him. His best friend since high school's freshman year was accompanying him in the dreadful continuation of university life but in the same field; Movie Art and Fashion Design.

Because Math was not really their thing.

Even after that, Jimin never really took much interest in these subjects, to Taehyung's disappointment. His best mate was into athletic stuff and joined a stupid club for his best. Taehyung did not mind that until he realised there was no one who would share their notes with him.

Then in Taehyung's first few days he met Kim Seokjin hyung, still in his final year of Movie Arts, and befriended him. He helped the former through a lot when he occasionally missed his first hours' classes because of what he called the 'Bus Problem.' Jin hyung, Jimin and Taehyung always sat together and the eldest wasn't the one who minded such things and easily chatted with the other two.

Actually, the problem wasn't the studies, nor the environment and neither the socialising part. It all landed on the bus; the terrific vehicle capable of doing such a devilish act of abandonment.

Or maybe it was just him, but he would not be going too hard on himself.

His breathing hitched and his throat was now scratchy because of the harsh cold. The roads were loading with colourful cars but Taehyung still had two kilometres to go before he finally reached his destination.

Good thing to add when it is mentioned that he had come out unscathed until the third kilometre, two more still to go. He was adapting to his failures and it only made him frown deeper.

At least he wouldn't be making excuses to himself why he missed his morning jog.

His raw throat and exhausted legs made him collapse on the nearest bench overlooking the morning traffic, built for pedestrians like him.

His eyes narrowed and anger flared inside him, as a familiar bus zoomed pass him; his bus, the one he was supposed to take. He could almost imagine it cackling evilly as it drove past him. Taehyung had reluctantly stopped himself from raising the finger at it.

Disgruntled and hydrated once again, he continued his run towards his university building, thanking his perfume to cover up his stench of hard-work sweat.

A grandma almost fell off her cane as he dodged her, covering her cursing by apologising hastily. He swore things felt like a movie scene to him sometimes.

He sped his way through the strolling passer-by who picked his wig back urgently which was accidentally knocked off by Taehyung, who threw another sorry before jumping over the wet cement and turning sharply to the road which finally had his university's entrance.

Not that ignorant, Tae was, and always felt sorry for those who walked the same way he wrecks the peace of every time he misses the bus.

Just as he stepped into the buzzing hallway of the handsome building, the start-of-the-day bell rung and he exhaled a long breath in relief, rendering his way to the lecture room for Method Acting.

He just hoped his parents came up with a decent alternative to the agonising option of taking the bus.

✦✧✦

Hi.
Dear you,
If you liked the
chapter, do not forget
to vote, comment and share;
thank you, for coming
to my story.
From,
J

✦✧✦