02 | The Tough Life of Two Guys

✦✧✦

✦✧✦

Girls always gave Jeon Jungkook the boyfriend-type looks whenever he walked the hallways of his college; an uncanny excuse for torturing developing brains.

He felt their eyes on him as he strolled the corridors, trudged down the football field, and did not cease to stare shamelessly as he pardoned himself to use the restroom (to bunk his class, actually) as he would stand up from his seat.

Okay, he enjoyed the whole attention thing — but to an extent; it was infuriatingly difficult to cheat during tests as all female eyes frequently visited him.

He just did not like to be among nerds who were secretly on drugs.

Coming to that, he was not into any of his school subjects and definitely did not find a reason to major in one of them; he already had a decent job.

No parents or relatives to support led him to be self-dependent and responsible, therefore he found an apartment for himself, who he shared with his two unrelated older brothers, and the three of them contributed in giving the rent.

He bought his own food (although sometimes one of his flatmates would buy him lamb skewers), paid his college fee, and refilled his Toyota Verso's tank with his own money. However, all the levels of maturity ended here.

His friends circle only included three more boys (one, his flatmate) from a club he had joined before his parent's death, which meant five years ago. 'College peeps' was a long, unattractive blank space.

At that precise moment, he was walking down the brightly lit aisle, violet lockers filling the sides of it adjacent to the dull, white walls. He was not alone.

Standing smartly and smiling hearteningly in front of his locker was none other then Yim Yeongja, The Girl Who Just Won't Give Up On Jeon Jungkook.

Gentleman he was, he put aside his exasperation and pushed his cheeks up to go with a small, polite smile. He bowed to her to add a gesture of respect towards the determined young woman.

"Hi," he said. He knew why she was here; the tapping foot, her crossed arms and the way her knees bounced just gave the answer right away. Another attempt for a confession and a tearful proposal.

She was pretty and adorable, straightforward, bubbly and strangely infamous among the pupils and the school staff; not really Jungkook's type.

Like not his type. She fell under the female gender — not at all Jungkook's type.

Patiently waiting for her squeal to be let out and the compliments and the promises, Jungkook thought he was ready to face the guilt.