10 | Surprise, Surprise!

✦✧✦

✦✧✦

Jungkook deducted it was not the best idea, confining to Taehyung for lying about having a girlfriend as he watched him (more like stared shamelessly) changing his skin colour to the toned coffee brown he has grown to like to a scarlet shade dominating his ears.

For a second it was fun to watch the elder blush but he remembered why this was the case and dragged himself out of his mental leisure, pressing his lips together in concern as Taehyung regained his posture.

Taehyung's Adam's apple slid down as he gulped in apprehension, mumbling distinctly, fiddling with his fingers and facing Jungkook, "So, you don't have a girlfriend?"

Jungkook shook his head in a no, apparently obstructing his facial expressions to not take risks and create misunderstandings.

Their thighs almost touched, forcing the younger to wish they actually did. Taehyung considered him once again, a bit more straight-backed and an intensified eye contact this time; "So, uh, are you —"

Just then Hoseok hyung screamed in a terrifyingly high-pitched noise, jumping on the sofa as others dropped their conversation. The former looked at the young men with a red face, yelling out this time, "THERE'S A SNAKE IN THIS ROOM!"

"Oh my rice-cake God!" scrambling himself up, Jimin joined Hoseok hyung by standing on the sofa, phone clenched tightly in his hand, face white.

Yoongi hyung who sat between them was done with life. "Seriously, guys —" he stopped dead, probably seeing the 'snake' himself, backing away in lightning speed, trembling. "Oemma! Oemma," he stood up on the couch, calling out helplessly to his mother. "What the hell is it doing here, oh my God!"

Jin and Namjoon hyung have already shot up, balancing each other on the sofa, one's hand clasped on his chest as the other panted prayers, sweating.

They all were looking under the sofa's area Taehyung and Jungkook were sitting on.

Jungkook glanced at Taehyung cautiously, biting his lip. The latter nodded shortly, pulling his leg up to get on all fours, the other copying his moves. The two dipped their head down stealthily to peer under their seat.

A snort filled the silence in the room, which came from Jungkook. He chuckled some more at his hyung's foolishness and announced, "It's a lizard, guys!"

Shaking violently with fear, his eyes huge, Hoseok hyung denied that piece of information by yapping back, "It was long and- and- and- snakey!"

Taehyung rechecked, confirming promptly as his head moved up once again, "It's a glass lizard."

The younger two scurried to their feet as the older ones watched them tensely, their breath held back. Jungkook snatched the slithering reptile off the shiny floor. It recoiled in annoyance in the air.

In the background, the others shuddered as if irked by the animal's movement. Jungkook studied its features, Taehyung keeping his distance. The maknae tells the others, walking away with the lizard held by his fingers, "I'm gonna leave it in the society's garden."

He left, and five exhaled breaths filled the room.

Before he slipped out of the main door, he heard Jimin speak to Taehyung with a benign but firm tone, "Can I talk to you, Tae?"

Not lingering too much on that subject, Jungkook stepped out of his apartment, the lizard curling on his fingers.

✦✧✦

✦✧✦

The door clicked, signalling Jungkook's exit. Taehyung old-school gut untwisted, his adrenaline dissolving.

Jimin was gawking at him, silently asking to show him somewhere private to talk about something. So, Taehyung, already standing, gestured towards the hallway which led to the house's door Jungkook just left from.

When they stopped in front of the wooden door, Jimin allowed himself a humongous grin.

"What?" was all Taehyung said. This guy's too lovesick to make sense with his small, shady gestures, mentally knocking Jimin off his feet as he brain-grumbled.

Jimin, still grinning like a loon, crossed his muscly arms and raised his eyebrows — a suggestive look.

Clueless still, Tae only stared at him blankly.

His best friend face-palmed the old-fashioned, official-BFF face-palm. He grabbed Tae's shoulder and rattled the latter's soul. He exclaimed, whisper-yelling, "You are obsessed with Jeon Jungkook!"

The denial stage; Taehyung shakes off Jimin's hands and snaps in an undertone, "No, I am not!"

Huffing at Tae's thickheadedness, Jimin poured all the sarcasm he could in his sentence as he stated, "No, I am."

"You are..?" Missing the sarcasm, Tae was. He was getting a little envious towards Jimin for only, and only he has to have a crush on Jungkook. However, Jimin smacked him on the head lightly, grasping the other's shoulders again;

"You were clinging on to him the whole time, man!"

"I was not."

"You are crazy about him, dude!"

"Not!"

"But that's okay, pal; you are gay!"

"Yeah! So, what?"

They were bickering right beside the door.

And behind that door, his heart going wild stood a nerve-wrecked Jungkook with his ear pressed against the wood.

Kim Taehyung is gay.

That's exactly what he wished to hear ever since he met him. It was a truth. It was the truth. Whoa.

He could have knocked to break the conversation the two were carrying, oblivious of the former eavesdropping on it. However, that would only grow suspiciousness between the two if Jungkook heard it or not.

So, he prodded back to the elevator (a smirk making his way on his features), deciding to bring back some food to escape the 'where were you?' part.

He needed not to hear more from the conversation. Knowing now that Taehyung is gay was all he needed to hear, after all.