07 | Small World and Small People

✦✧✦

✦✧✦

"I will keep the promise I made to you," says Jimin soothingly, his face contracted in concentration, "Only if I die, then, and only then, will I stop loving you. I can't give you up. Until my heart stops beating. I- uh... I... what was the line, man!"

Jin and Taehyung were looking at him with pity. This guy's acting skills were going in negative. As they sat in their usual spot in the University's library, Taehyung remarked, "Bro, first of all: Remember your lines perfectly. Secondly, fill yourself with emotions, 'cause you looked like you are constipated."

"Hey!" Jimin complains.

Jin shakes his head at Taehyung and regarded Jimin with a kind, full bottom-lipped smile, "Go through the lines again, Chim-Chim. I know you can do better acting than Rain."

"Fu- fudge this—" Jimin caught himself because of the look Jin was giving him. He stated ruefully, running his ringed fingers through his silky brown hair, "Hyung, I don't care about this. I have got my club today, anyways."

Jin simply stared at the younger with raised eyebrows, muttering coherently, "You and your club should get married." Taehyung watching the whole show silently, the oldest continued scrambling through his pink flashcards as Jimin turned to Taehyung, asking;

"Oi, you wanna join me today? Gotta... gotta show you — someone — uh, something." The former started to go red in the face as he said it, and of course, Taehyung noticed it.

Smiling knowingly and flicking the tip of his notes, he said in a low voice, "Okay."

His best friend's got a crush. Huh.

***

Walking the cemented pathway to the club's building in the cold afternoon, Taehyung questioned Jimin who strolled beside him casually, "So who's this new guy crush of yours?"

Obviously, they have confessed to each other that they were gay, but not for each other, though ('cause that would be cliché.)

(Although, it wouldn't be that bad a cliché?)

(Anyways.)

Yet, even if Taehyung have told Jimin and Jin about his driving lesson yesterday night, he did not mention Jungkook at all.

Jimin started ticking off the person's character on his cute, little fingers with raised eyebrows, "He plays basketball. He lives in an apartment. He is one inch taller than me. He is a hot mess. He does music. He smiles a gummy smile and yup, I am trapped in his net of love."