04 | Where is the Nearest Gym?

✦✧✦

✦✧✦

If Kim Taehyung can trade any of the traits from his best friends, it would definitely be their looks.

Not to mention, the self-confidence; which Taehyung discovered was gone with the wind (never existed for him, to be specific) as Beautiful Face stood unsure on his doorstep, the person's eyebrows meeting with concern as the former stood inside the house with the door staying ajar, still as a statue and looking over with trying-not-to-show awe.

Behind him, Tae's mother's voice sprung up as the woman herself walked to the front door to see what was up, "Who's at the door, Tae bear?"

Of course, his mother has to use the most obnoxious of nicks in front of a handsome existence who just won't stop looking good.

Beautiful Face filled his chest with air and let out his role of sentences as if he had learnt and revise it over again, "Annyeong, Mrs. Kim. I am Jeon Jungkook; your instructor for today — and onwards. Who am I to teach?" He gave an acknowledging look to Tae's mother.

Then to the Tae himself, who managed to smile his rectangular smile with his Faith strong, praying hard he looked nice.

His mother collected the air of welcome she always did for the guests (to the guests alone, which excludes sad Tae) and swung her arms in to invite Jungkook as she smiled un-creepily (unlike Tae) and said with pure gratitude in her tone, "Do come in dear, do come in. Settle in those sofas, I will bring you guys hot chocolate."

So as Mrs Kim walked back to the kitchen, Taehyung and Jungkook made their way to the T.V room, sitting opposite each other with a coffee table between them.

Seconds passed. Jungkook bowed his head and played with his fingers. Taehyung watched him closely with eagle-eyes.

Well, at least Tae wasn't that shy.

He observed as Jungkook's white, veiny hands clenched and unclenched, the latter, not once interested to look up. Hey, Tae cannot be that ugly.

Tae's patience got thin and he inhaled to ask with a gust of authority as he let his arms cross in his lap, "What is your age, Jungkook?"

"Twenty-one." The younger replied instantly, adding in a small voice, "And proud of it."

The older tried to restrain his chuckle and inquired, "Proud of it?" Taehyung puts one hand on his knee and straightens his back, looking at Jungkook with mild interest.

Jungkook glanced at him for a brief moment then travels his eyes away and admitted, "My hyungs treat me like a baby." Pause. "Like, hello, I am an adult."

Tae couldn't help but laugh. He recognised how the younger could go from super hot to extremely cute— funny in his own way.

He was so thankful Jungkook wasn't the typical bad boy.

Jungkook frowned his adorable frown as Tae grinned some more at his expressions. It almost looked like Jungkook would sooner laugh along and let himself loose. Tae, recovered, asks with polite interest, "Do you happen to be —"

"Here are your drinks, young men." Mrs Kim came back right at that moment, beaming at the boys with her hands clutching the tray's sides with two glasses of steaming hot chocolate, straws dunk in the brown foam.

The younger smiled apologetically at Tae because his mouth was still hung open as he couldn't complete his sentence. Taehyung blinked at the bright light of beauty which came with the curve of those hot, pink lips. Or it might be just the flustered feeling.

Jungkook bowed to Tae's Omma, sincerely addressing her with a sweet smile and says, "Thank you, Ma'am." He took his drink off the tray, sipped from it and savoured its glory with closed eyes, then puts the glass down to let it cool some more.

Mrs Kim sat a few inches beside Taehyung and fixated her observing eyes at Jungkook. She crossed her legs and, as Taehyung pulled away his eyes from Jungkook and looked at her, switched on to her business tone, questioning, "So you have your own car?"

Jungkook affirmed with a nod, replying with a serious look, "My very own. Inherited from my Appa." Taehyung tried to stop himself from lingering too much on the word 'inherited.' He imagined Jungkook standing in front of lines and lines of cars and a castle and Gucci under his sponsorship — Tae snapped out of his daydream as he heard his own name.

"— Taehyung? Will he be save while driving with you?" His mother was asking testily as Jungkook grew stiffer by the second.

"Mom!" Complained Tae with utmost annoyance. He looked at his poor fellow Jungkook, who looked so awkward Taehyung felt sorry for him — the looks an advantage. Before his mom could complete her glare which said you dare- Taehyung regarded Jungkook with his hands inclined and leaning forward, said to him with a small smile, "Show her your resumé, Jungkook."

Completely flustered and red puffs of blush colouring his cheeks, Jungkook fished out a rolled parchment and handed it over to Mrs Kim with hasty actions, the lady herself regaining the air of absolute sweetness.

Taehyung saw the whole scene and mentally face-palmed. It was so hard by every other person to impress his mother (not for him: if he cleaned his room without asking, he would get kimchi the same day for good behaviour!)

However, as Mrs Kim moved her eyes across the paper, they got bigger. When she looked up, she was looking at Jungkook like a son she always dreamt of having. That got Taehyung offended, a little if may, by his mother.

His mother read on, highly impressed. "And you work out?"

Jungkook answered modestly with a shrug, "Yes."

She looked at her own son with meaningfully raised eyebrows, then continued to go through the sheet of paper. Now, who doesn't work out!? yelled Taehyung in his brain.

His brain instantly replied, Kim Taehyung. He needed not to, okay— maybe, maybe not. He put the thought away and focused on the present situation, mostly Jungkook.

When Omma was done, she stood up. So did Taehyung and Jungkook. She beamed some more at the latter and gestured to the door, saying warmly, "Come again next time, Jungkook. Take care of T —"

Tae instantly ejected, cutting her off "— yourself. Bye, Ma. See you at night!" He left his enraged mother in the room and led Jungkook outside in the cold.

"Bye, Ma'am!" Called Jungkook before disappearing out of the door.

They got off the front porch quickly, both minds working the same as they jogged to avoid as much cold. White puffs came out of their mouths with every breath as they ran to the younger's Toyota Verso, the car beeping as Jungkook unlocked it with its remote button-slash-key.

Sadly, Taehyung did not even get the chance to give his frequent gazes at Jungkook during the run.

They practically jumped inside the car, shutting the side doors and exhaling in unison.

When they recovered, the silence broke out again between them. All Tae could think was how the compartment in front of him was shaped for his long legs.

In desperation of starting a conversation, Jungkook asked, not starting the engine yet, "So do you work out, too?"

Taehyung did not want to answer truthfully.

✦✧✦

hey, among my beautiful ladies
or gentlemen, some of you got offended
when i made tae think he 'cannot
be that ugly.' yo i have eyes,
i know he's a motherfucking
vISUAL. :*

✦✧✦