20 | Murphy's Law 10/10

his soul is the purest fite me (ok dont but his EyEs)

✦✧✦

In all honesty, Taehyung actually, seriously, wanted to come out to Jungkook, share his feelings and maybe, erm, kiss him a little (at least.) 

He began to imagine the feels of Jungkook's closeness and instantly felt his abdomen clench in nervousness.

Oh-kay, I can do this.

But, nope; he was his own mess in his own mess.

At times, in Jungkook's absence, he felt like screaming the truth out loud at the top of his lungs. In other scenarios (in Jungkook's presence, that is) he wanted to just stare at the younger for hours and hours, if humanly possible.

Drooling, you call it? 'Observing the subject' is Taehyung's name for that.

The next day's — Wednesday's — lesson went by like it never liked Tae. Thursday introduced the newest side of cranky Jungkook. Friday made Tae pull out his hair and mark his calendar with swears on that day. Saturday was like a brother- a d-bag. Sunday came and went, unbothered; it was his university's assignment that agitated him along with the suppressed matter of his I-am-gay-and-I-am-nuts-for-you confession.

Again and again, Tae told himself to take it easy on Jungkook, whose exams were going on (and he studied for them like an hour before, that pabo) so he had put aside the whole universe for the younger.

It irritated him to no extent. He wanted to tell him so bad.

So, yup; it was like life was lazily playing with Tae just to not get itself bored.

Things were getting exceptionally sour.

Monday afternoon was no better. Since his professors had told their students to skip Mondays because they won't be there to teach the lot, Tae found himself squished between his two little cousins he adored, on the dining table.

His aunt, his man-I-love-her-but-my-cheeks-still-hurt Aunt Yan, came over at their house for lunch around two.

With a girl.

Not sure at first about the whole cleverly planned situation, Tae was our usual angelic, courteous young man and chatted easily with the pretty, attractive (not attractive, attractive) twenty-years-old far-off cousin he had never knew existed.

Tae wondered afterwards if she had to be so specifically beautiful.

Then the girl started to flirt.

When he tried to put her feet down with forceful smiles and a casual tone, things got out of hand real quick.

Because she- or Sora, her name was- began to cry at her failed attempts for trying to seduce the boy. She was practically bawling her eyes out as Tae helplessly looked around for a box of tissues.

Weeping, she reached out to his aunt next room, telling her how Tae rudely rejected her.

He received a glare from all three directions for a solid five minutes at that.

He wouldn't be surprised if he saw his cousins sweeping the floor with his favourite Gucci clothes.

Sometimes, I think Murphy's law ("If something can go wrong, it will") was made just for me, he thought bitterly as he made his way up to his bedroom, screaming internally for the awaiting stack of assignments to be reread and, most certainly, rewritten.

I wonder if Jungkook's up for his Ceremony, he pondered, now, flicking through his Instagram to check for unread messages.

His heart sank at zero unread notifications.

Even Jimin was acting all distant, now that he was dating with Yoongi hyung. They looked cute together, but times were high and maybe Tae will politely ask to 'Suga' hyung for Jimin for himself but, uh- what are the odds the guy won't receive a glare for that, too.

Jin hyung was already busy with his own documentaries and presentations, bothering him would probably lead to Tae's hair on fire.

Besides the two, Namjoon, Yoongi and Hoseok hyungs were tirelessly working hard in the Hall they were supposed to hold a concert in. Tae wished he was among them.

A Gmail notification banner slid down from the top of his phones screen, him tapping it instantly to find an excuse to busy himself.

His heart skipped a beat as his eyes ran through his phone screen, his mouth going wider and wider... his heart beat drumming in his ears as spurs of absolute content dumped over him —

Gucci requested him all the way from Italy to demonstrate as a model.

OhmyGod.

He did his victory dance - hopping, twirling - wiping happy tears from his cheeks - this was huge.

It was for real. They... they approved!

A heap of pure joy burst out from his mouth, a shudder rippling through his body at the impossible turning into a real-life possibility.

He wanted to dash downstairs to his parents and, as he had already told them about him sending the email, he wanted to make see their proud faces. "God," he breathed out, utterly overwhelmed.

But Oemma and Appa can wait.

Jungkook, Tae's mind raced and rush of gratitude washed over him at the boy's name. I should inform him first—

Frantically looking for Jungkook's contact, he was about to tap dial at first sight but a Caller ID as 'Jimin-ssi' popped up, his phone bring-bring-ing.

Answering the call, he places the device on his left ear, greeting the other with an unusually high-pitched, cheerful tone, "Annyeong! Jimin how are you doing, mate?"

However, the deadness of his best friend's made his hair stand up in aggravation, "Tae. It's Jungkook." The following silence stood every hair on Tae's body, all essence of gaiety dissolving into nothingness.

The air around him stood still, his brain went numb, thoughts scattered all over. Managing to speak, he spluttered out, impatient and unnerved, "Wh-what about him?" Dropping on his bed, Taehyung's heartbeat sped up by the second.

It's nothing. It's nothing. It's nothing. Please, just be nothing.

At the other side, Jimin's voice answered shakily, "H- he- Jungkook." A gulp. "Jungkook was found in an accident on his way to his ceremony."