Chapter 1

Broken I run to you for your arms are open wide. I am weary but I know your touch restores my life.

Kathryn Scott

°°°°°
Malcolm

It was late into the night when I closed my bedroom door on the exotic female lycan, Prisilla. She had become a quick favorite when I needed a release. It was sex. There was no emotions involved. It was how I wanted it. It was just two lycans looking for a release.

Never again.

Prisilla knew this when she approached me. She knows I am not a man to attach to yet she was willing. It still didn't tamper down the disgust I feel each time I did it with her. It didn't tamper down the anger and hatred I feel inside of me.

My bedroom was dimly lit with two small table lamp. The king size bed with black silk sheets laid fresh and clean. I had only slept with one woman in that bed. Prisilla and my recent rumple was quick and done on the sofa in my room.

I walked over to my dark cherry oak desk and pulled the right drawer out. In there was a picture I couldn't bring myself to throw away. Picking it up, I looked at the woman before me. She wore such a beautiful smile and her eyes sparkled back at me with pure happiness.

Bella.

Ten years.

Ten years of no words from her. She didn't care. This was why she never returned. I placed the picture back into the drawer before walking to the bathroom.

I took a quick shower, dried myself before wrapping the towel around my waist. I walked out of the bathroom to the closet. I was shuffling through my clothes when I heard Damon knocking on my door.

"Come in." I ordered.

Damon opened the door before catching sight of the light in the closet. I heard his footsteps walking towards me.

"Malcolm, you need to get dressed," Damon began.

"What? Why?" I asked, eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

"A lycan trepassed the border but the lycan is fast. The guards haven't caught him yet." Damon explained.

Growling in anger, I yanked a pair of jeans on before walking out of the closet. He stood in the middle of the room looking at me.

Damon was my height and build. Instead of dark black and long curly hair like me, he had light brown hair. His eyes were light blue in contrast to my dark blue ones. We might look severely differenyt but he was my brother.

"Tell me you and Prisilla-"

"We didn't." I lied with a smirk.

He groaned, "That female lycan spreads her legs to any male lycan who is willing to sleep with her."

"That was until she met me," I pointed out but knew Damon was right. Prisilla was easy.

"I don't like the female lycan." Damon said with irritation.

He followed me out of the bedroom and down the dimly lit corridor. My parents have owned this castle for more than a hundred years. This place was all I knew in Scotland. The land was vast with millions of trees to give me the privacy I liked. What I appreciate most about living in the highlands were the mountains and hills we have here.

It proves to be a good advantage not much people try to invade. Again, it provides its privacy.

We walked down the cement staircase and out the front door. A few lycan guards stood at attention once they saw us.