Chapter 19

Malcolm McLean

A couple of days have passed since the fight in the kitchen. That night, I was surprised to wake up to an empty bed and Bella's sweet scent faintly lingering in the air. The scream that followed quickly after me awakening had me rushing down the stairs and only had enough time to pull on a pair of jeans.

I knew what had happened the moment I saw the two females in the kitchen fighting. I wasn't a blind male, I can see who Prisilla was. I'm not saying she doesn't have the right to be angry. I never gave her any false hopes but Prisilla was not the kind of female I thought she was. She wasn't as cold and as okay with the break of our casual relationship.

I should be wary of her but then again, I can kill her just as quickly. She wouldn't dare defy me.

I was sitting in my office today and working on some auditing reports when my office phone rang. Picking it up, I answered it with my usual greeting. The voice on the other end was the one that surprised me because I barely knew the male lycan leader. This lycan leader lived in the lowlands of Scotland.

"Malcolm, how are you doing? How is the weather there?" He started up with a friendly conversation.

"What is it that you want, Pete?" I replied a bit impatiently.

Pete and I don't have a friendship nor do we associate with each other. The most him and I have exchanged conversation was probably once or twice when we happened to bump into each other. Otherwise, I didn't like the male lycan and didn't want to associate with him.

"Say, I'm looking for my daughter. I am hoping you have seen her pass through your land or possibly any nearby town." Pete ignored my harsh response and nonchalantly replied.

Rubbing my temple, I turned in my seat to look out the window.

"You will need to give me more information than that if you would like an answer from me, Pete," I answered.

There was a moment of silence as Pete mulled over what he can give me. In that time frame, I also thought about reasons why would he be calling to find his own daughter. Family doesn't run. They stay within the pack, especially when the lineage follows back to leading a pack.

"It is a complicated situation. She and I got into an argument. She's a feisty little female. Always wanting to do things her way. Anyways, she has been gone for a very long time. I have been searching for her but with no such luck. My tracers were able to detect hints of her here and there but we have not fully pinpointed my daughter's location. I am now reaching out to surrounding lycan leaders for assistance. I greatly miss her and would love her back home with me." He said.

Pete was an ancient male lycan surpassed my parents. I'm surprised to find that he has a daughter and if he did who was his marked mate. News travels fast once marked. It would have passed through the highlands if he had marked a female and they had a child.

"What does she look like?" I asked.

"She's a pretty young thing. Tiny about five feet to five feet three. She has long blonde hair and hazel eyes. A perfect image of her mother." Pete drawled on the other end and I detected a hint of desire in his voice.

It made me want to punch him in the face.

It wasn't just the way he spoke that got me shooting out of my seat.

No.

It was the description that he had given. It mirrored Isabella. I fought down my suspicions and continued in a calm voice.

"What is her name?" I asked.

"Isabella. Have you seen her?" Pete quickly asked with a disgusting eagerness that a father shouldn't have.