Chapter 29

Malcolm McLean

I woke up before Isabella. She was still fast asleep, wrapped in the silk bed sheets. Her naked backside half covered.

After several weeks and nights of being careful around Isabella and Alexine. I was glad that last night her and I had a little time to ourselves. I took full advantage of it and worked her until early morning. I should be exhausted but I was quite the opposite.

I took a quick shower and quickly put on a black t-shirt, boxers, and jeans before a knock came from my bedroom door. I walked over to open it before Isabella was woken up from it. I was not surprised to see that it was Damon who stood on the other side.

He looked stressed and I knew immediately from the look on my friend's face that the King has indeed arrived. The obstinate voices coming from outside in the courtyard and filling the great hall was another indication the King has made his arrival.

"He's here and he is not happy," Damon stated. "He wants to speak to you immediately."

A large threatening aura entered my home. I looked down from the second-floor landing and saw the King entering my home without permission. But that is just how he was. He didn't need permission to enter. He commands and he expects it to be followed through. It wasn't going to go over well. The King is a reasonable male lycan but he is also very temperamental.

I headed down the stairs. The King looked up immediately when he heard me. No smile graced his face. He looked furious to have to travel this far.

"My King." I bowed my allegiance to him before standing up.

He nodded and walked over to a chair without being asked to. He sat down at the end of the dining table. His forest green eyes looking at me but revealing no emotions.

"There are rumors spreading around, Malcolm. I hear things that I don't like." He started and waved me to sit down next to him.

One of my servant came running out with a pitcher of Scotland's finest liquor. He poured the King a hearty cup before giving me one. It was too early in the morning but in this case, I think we all needed it. The King picked the glass cup and took a long swig of it before setting it down.

"I can explain," I said after he finished his liquor.

"Damn right you will. You killed three male lycans within a year. There has be a reason as to why you found the need to shed what very little blood we have left." The King growled, his eyes flaring yellow with his lycan.

I lowered my gaze to the table in respect, "It is a long story. If you would allow me to explain from the beginning you will understand the reasoning behind all this."

The King's jaw ticked slightly before he nodded. I told him about Gregory—my first kill. It led me to Pete which was my second. Lastly, I told him about Isabella.

"She's my marked mate. They challenged me for her. It was a fair fight." I explained and stressed.

"There are other methods in punishing the wrong, Malcolm. What you have done was killed two very good male lycans." The King countered. "I don't approve of what you have done but I can understand why you did it."

I shook my head, "You don't know what they have done. Their pack members turned they're back the minute their lycan leader is dead. There was no fight or rage. I even have one of Pete's pack members living with me. She lived directly under him. He tortured and abused the female lycan to the point of where she is scared to even be around males."

"Gregory did the same to Isabella. I wouldn't have stand in the way. It was either kill or have the females be killed. We are a better race than that. We should not allow the male population to dominate our females in such a way. I wasn't raised that way and I sure as hell won't stand aside and watch." I continued feeling my own rage simmering inside of me.