Chapter 27

Malcolm McLean

Several weeks passed and it seemed everything was starting to settle down. Alexine had just taken her first step out of the bedroom, although she is stuck onto Isabella's side. Damon seemed to hover close by everywhere that Alexine was at.

Isabella will be coming to bed late at night, tired and exhausted. She was spending a lot of time helping Alexine learn to become more independent. Isabella said it will be a slow progression. It also seems like Alexine was starting to notice Damon and the way he lingers around them. She no longer cowers for him and at times even looks to him for answers.

Watching and seeing Alexine it makes me wonder if Isabella suffered through the same thing. Was she just as traumatized and how did she overcome it?

It late into the night and Isabella was already fast asleep and snuggled up to my side. It feels right to have her here in my arms. It was hard for me to let go of what she did in the past but I now know the reasons behind it.

From the moment I met Bella, I knew she was the one. I fell in love so hard and so fast that I didn't have time to blink. She is everything to me and just the thought of her leaving me had my heart twisting in agony.

I am in love with her and this female lycan has me wrapped around her fingers like bubble gum. I'm stuck to her and can't get enough of her.

It was getting late and I knew I should fall asleep soon but sleep didn't come. Although I am feeling completely comfortable holding Isabella to sleep and satisfied where I am, a part of me was feeling off. It was like I forgot something that I should have remembered.

Shrugging aside the thought, I closed my eyes. I waited for sleep to come and eventually it did.

When I woke up again, it was morning and the sun was already shining through the window. Isabella was no longer sleeping by my side and I was again alone. The selfish part of me wished that Alexine will get better soon. I needed Isabella back and it was getting a little irritating to wake up alone. It was depressing and I needed her to make me happy.

Growling at my selfish thoughts, I tossed aside the silk covers before getting out of bed. I took a quick shower and pulled on a pair of blue jeans and a black t-shirt. Running a hair through my hair carelessly I walked out of the bedroom to search for Damon.

I knew where Isabella was. Every morning she and Alexine will head outside and do a little walk around the courtyard. It was a small little exercise to remind Alexine she wasn't trapped. When they were done, Isabella will bring her back in for breakfast with everyone else.

By the looks of it, I had slept past breakfast and close to lunch. Isabella and Alexine should be in the library. I found Damon sitting in the great hall staring into the fireplace. Fireplaces are constantly being heated due to the drop in temperature.

I fell into a sofa across from his. He glanced my way and noticed the look of irritation on my face. He raised an eyebrow questioningly. I rubbed my forehead and leaned forward slightly to look at Damon.

"How is the progress with Alexine?" I asked.

"She's doing fine," Damon answered, feeling my frustration but not understanding why.

"Have you talked to her?" I prodded further, my voice increasingly hinting my rising irritation.

"What is it that has you grumpy this morning, mate? I'm sure it does not have to do with my relationship with Alexine."

"As a matter of fact it does, I need Isabella back." I snapped.

Damon chuckled, "You are acting like a child wanting his toy."