Chapter 15

*****

Isabella Carson

Running from a big male lycan isn't easy. Trying to lose the lycan who marked you was like trying to lose your shadow. I managed to get into the woods. The soft bed of mossy earthy ground crushing under my feet. I whipped around tree branches, ducked under large ones, and yet he manages to keep close.

I am sure he can catch me like nothing but to my sheer confusion he was just remaining behind me. Far enough to give me space but close enough to catch me if I do something irrational. I huffed and stopped to hold a large tree branch back. Malcolm didn't realize what I was doing. My lycan giving me extra strength. When he was close enough, I released the branch, smacking him in the chest. He fell to the ground.

I shifted back and glared down at him. Fully aware that I was completely naked. We ran almost all the way around his territory several times. Now, we were in the deep woods alone. Farther away from the castle and courtyard.

He shifted immediately after seeing I shifted. He stood up with ease like I didn't just knock him over with a tree branch. His golden eyes peering down at me.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" He growled, stalking towards me in his naked glory.

I glared up at him, propping my hands on my hips. I was very aware how naked we both were but it wasn't like we both haven't seen each other naked.

"I told you. I don't want to see you or talk to you." I angrily snapped.

"You disobeyed my orders. You stepped out of the bedroom when I told you to stay inside." He raised his voice in warning.

"I wouldn't have stepped out if you would have just left me alone!" I snarled back and spun on my feet. I stalked further into the woods. I can hear him following me. I threw up my hands in the air and turned back to look at him.

His eyes were still flaring with fury but a hint of lust glimmered behind them. It will be when hell freezes over that he gets to touch me right now. I am not ready to fall apart underneath him. In fact, he can go back and find his little play toy and do what he needs to do.

I stomped towards him and punched his chest then I punched his stomach. Pain shot through my hand on impact but I clenched my teeth and punched him again in the stomach.

Bad idea.

I think I broke a bone or two.

All the while he stood and allowed me to punch him. He wasn't even swayed. I placed my palms on his chest and pushed him.

"God! You really piss me off! Just leave me alone." I growled defeatedly before turning on my feet and walking in the opposite direction.

I didn't even get five yards in before I was grabbed from behind and pushed up against a tree. The bark digging into my back. My feet now not touching the ground. I was lifted into the air by Malcolm. He adjusted our position until he had me firmly trapped in his arms.

"Stop, Bella." He ordered.

"No!" I cried out. "You don't get to use 'Bella' on me."

"Fine. Mo leannan (my lover)." His eyes sparkled with amusement for the first time since I been here.

I turned my face away. I will not fall for that look. His hand cupped my cheek and turned me back to look at him.

"I like it when you are jealous." He whispered huskily. His eye dropping down to my lips. He leaned down and his lips traced my right cheek.