Chapter 24

Isabella Carson

No amount of words can describe the fear that is deeply enrooted inside of me. Even if I try to shake him and tell myself repeatedly that he can't touch me. He still had a hold over me.

It was like being stuck in a scary dream that I can't wake up from. The hope and love that you once felt are soaked in a dark, disturbing and scary blanket. The cotton candy trees and rainbows were now filled with your monsters. Deep inside of you, you know something is going to happen and it is going to happen at any moment. You're afraid that THAT someone will hurt you the moment you make one wrong move. A nightmare that you can't wake up from.

The raw, bleeding knees from crawling.

The pain of being roughly taken.

The tears of beaten up to the point where you hover over consciousness.

My gut told me to run. My heart tremored in quiet fear. I won't go back there. I'll kill myself before he gets his hands on me.

Suddenly, I'm being jerked out of my thoughts. Malcolm's face appeared in front of me. His eyes reflected his concerns for me. He lifted his hand and brushed my hair behind one ear.

"You're going to be okay. I promise you that." He repeated to me again. I blinked still feeling an out of body experience. He shook me again.

"Bella, listen to me." He said in a firmer tone.

"He's not going to let me go. He came for me. He won't let me go." I heard myself say but my body was numb with fear.

"He's here but he has no control over you. Do you understand? I'll be right beside you." He shook me again.

I blinked and looked up into his eyes.

They were warm and safe. His firm hands around me ensured me that this was Malcolm. He wouldn't let me go back to Pete. He will protect me.

I nodded and took in a long staggering breath. I needed to be strong but my hands shook the second I slipped them into Malcolm's. He squeezed them to again affirm what he promised.

Malcolm had already sent the soldier back to keep Pete outside of the courtyard. He was not to receive entrance into the castle. Malcolm also ordered more soldiers and declared that the territory was in defense mode.

Tonight, it will either end in a bloodbath or with me gone. We walked back to the castle in silence. Malcolm's back stiffened more and more with each step we took.

When we reached the front gate, the doors were closed. Pete was on the other side waiting. When the gates were opened several soldiers stood alongside us. Damien stood to Malcolm's right.

Pete's eyes met mine immediately and a slow smirk appeared on his face. His eyes glinted with a sickness that had my stomach churning. I knew that look and it was one out of pure need to dominate and inflict pain.

I didn't realize how hard I was squeezing Malcolm's hand and my body shaking until I felt his arm wrapped around my shoulder. I couldn't stop my reaction towards seeing Pete again. He struck fear into my soul even Gregory wasn't as bad as him. Pete didn't have feelings at all. He only thought about himself and nobody else.

Movement behind him had me glancing down. In his hand was a chain that was effectively wrapped around his wrist and palm. I dug my fingers into Malcolm's hands but he didn't react.

Slowly, a slender female lycan appeared. She was dirty and her hair was greasy. Her eyes sunken and devoid all any emotions. She looked like an empty shell. The only article of clothing on her was an old, dirty, and a torn t-shirt that reached above her knee. She crawled on her hands and knees.