Chapter 6

I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Marilyn Monroe

°°°°°

Isabella

I'm reprimanding myself the moment he left me alone. I felt like my heart was being crushed by a heavy rock like someone was squeezing my lungs stopping me from breathing. It hurt to hear him treat me like I was nobody. His words—they hurt me but I couldn't help but feel turned on by them.

I agreed to his terms because I knew he did it to punish me for leaving him. He doesn't know the truth and I don't ever know if he will ever believe me even if I told him. The look in his eyes—I know he still feels something towards me. If not emotional than physical. That must mean something. Someone you hate so much, you can't have that look in your eyes.

Or maybe I'm just desperate now to find some form of escape.

Or maybe I am just going delusional with hope.

I don't like being caged. I don't like being strapped down. I needed to move. I paced the floor. His words repeating over in my head like a broken record. He will return. It was a promise. I don't know how I really feel about this.

I sighed and plopped down on the sofa. Covering my face with my hands I allowed a good memory to flow through my mind.

The sun was shining brightly in the sky. The grass was so green it distinguished against the blue sky. A warm summer breeze blew by. The landscape looked like a brightly painted scenery.

I stood in the middle of the field looking for Malcolm. I have been living with him for several months now. Ever since he found me, he has been stuck to my side.

Today, after our training he had invited me out for a walk. I told him I needed to shower and change and I will meet him outside.

Now standing on a slanted valley, I surveyed the area for any signs of him. He was nowhere to be found. My white sundress flapped in the wind. I used my hands to hold it down and walked further down the valley.

"Malcolm!" I shouted. I was pretty sure I told him I'll meet him here.

"Malcolm!" I shouted again.

Nothing answered me except the echo of the summer wind. I sighed and decided to walk all the way down the valley and up the hill. When I reached the grove in the valley, I felt him behind me.

I whipped around and slammed straight into his chest. He chuckled as he wrapped his arms around my waist. He looked so handsome with his dark curly hair falling over his forehead. His piercing blue eyes staring down at me with amusement. I can never get over how handsome he looks.

"Gotcha!" He growled and leaned in to plant a kiss on my forehead. I pushed against his chest. I was infuriated with him. He was always playing tricks and making me wait.

I stomped up the hill. I can hear him following behind me.

"Isabella."

Nope. Not looking back.

"Iz."

Nah uh.

"Izzy." He strung my name out.

Nope. Still not looking.

I made it up the valley and was walking towards the woods where he and I liked to hang out. I heard him huffing in frustration.