1 | P R O B L E M

Only a wise person
can solve a difficult problem.

~ Akan proverb

___________________________

"Mbali, you're needed by the royal family." One of the Dora's; Ayo, showed up at my door. I frowned but nodded my head, grabbing my things.

"Is something wrong again, Ayo?" I asked her, walking into the ship that she can over in, taking in how spacious it actually is. I crossed my legs and sat in the seat behind her, a sigh left her lips. After the battle that took place with Killmonger and T'Challa, everyone has been on edge. Something was now always possible to happen.

"Nothing is wrong, Mbali. In fact, something is... interesting." She mumbled, leaving much to my imagination about the situation before continuing the rest of the flight in silence.

We landed shortly, and I allowed Ayo to lead the way, seeing as though this was considered her terf and not my own.

The border tribe was mine. I was W'Kabi's first in command, but when the battle took place, I had to know where my loyalty stood. And it stood with the people and well-being of Wakanda, not W'Kabi's knee jerk reaction. I sat that battle out, after constant arguing and discussion of betrayal.

As we made our way into the royal courts meeting room where they discussed business with the Tribe leaders, T'Challa, Queen Mother, Nakia, M'Baku, W'Kabi, and the leaders of the other tribes stood before me.

"Queen Mother, my King." I bowed to them both, before crossing my arms against my chest. "Nakia." I Smiled at her, resulting in her returning the gesture.

"Mbali, it is wonderful to see you." Queen Mother smiled at me before taking her seat, as the others did the same. Nakia stood at T'Challa's left side, resting her hand on his shoulder.

"Mbali, we have been in discussion for the past few minutes, and would like to inform you on some changes." T'Challa spoke, rubbing Nakia's hand gently.

"Okay..."

Everyone grew quiet, but T'Challa looked at W'Kabi with eyes of anger and hurt. "W'Kabi will no longer be over the border tribe. His privilege is being stripped away due to—"

"Due to him being an idiot!" T'Challa was cut off by his sister who spoke from the steps. "Some friend you are huh? What gave you the right—" Shuri spoke only to be cut off by her mother.

"Shuri." She glared at her daughter, shaking her head. "To your lab."

"Sorry, Mother." Shuri mumbled and walked out of the room. I tried to hide my chuckle, but began to realize what was now happening. The look on W'Kabi's face showed anger, hurt, and embarrassment.

Serves him right for coming at me with nonsense.

"Where will he go?" I asked, nodding my head to W'Kabi who was being held by the Dora Milaje. Okoye's eyes held hurt in them as well.

"He will be a war dog. What he did was wrong and he shall be punished, not exiled. This is the only grace and mercy I can offer you, W'Kabi. I hope that you accept it graciously." The king glared at him, only for him to nod in response.

"Who will be the leader of the border tribe?" I frowned and cocked my head in confusion.

M'Baku sighed and rolled his eyes, before a chuckle came from his mouth. "Yes, T'Challa. Inform Mbali on who will be over the border tribe now, eh?"

T'Challa rolled his eyes before the settled back on myself. "N'Jadaka."

"You're kidding, I'm sure. I was informed that he was killed. Why would we trust the border to be watched by someone who tried to ruin Wakanda as a whole, my king?" I laughed lightly and he shook his head.

"I'm afraid you're wrong about that, sweetheart." A voice came from behind me, and there he was.

" A voice came from behind me, and there he was

"I'm still here. Cousin just couldn't bare to see me go. So, we made a deal." He smirked at me, looking me up and down.

"And What deal was that? Without consulting the first in command of the border tribe?!" I yelled.

"Mbali." Nakia shook her head at me, wanting me to calm down.

"I'm sorry." I exhaled.

"The deal is that if he lives, and let me save him. I would give him some form of power. But, we would have to be in agreement. He has skill and strategy. It would only be fair that they be put to use at the border. This is who you will take order from. N'Jadaka, this is your first in command." T'Challa stood.

"Her?" He chuckled and looked back at me. "She looks like she could barely defend herself. Let alone a border." He walked around me.

"I wouldn't do that..." T'Challa mumbled, unable for N'Jadaka to hear. He reached his hand out to touch my braided hair, only for me to grab his hand, quickly twisting it around his own neck so that he was choking himself, while my blade was pressed against his spine.

"One thing you will not do, is doubt my abilities just because I am a woman. I could end you right here if I wanted to. But I have too much respect for royal blood." I spat at him, releasing him from my grip and blade.

"I tried to warn him." T'Challa shook his head.

"You really didn't." Nakia shook her head.

"You're good, sweetheart." N'Jadaka nodded his head, only for him to wrap his own arm around my neck in a swift motion, while his free hand grabbed both of my wrists. "But next time, I'd watch who you're sticking that blade into. I'd hate to hurt a pretty thing like you because of that." He mumbled into my ear, smirking before letting me go.

I glared at him and steadied my breathing as his tongue ran across his bottom lip, revealing two gold fangs in his mouth. "Fuck you." I snapped.

"Mbali!" Queen Mother frowned.

"I'm sorry, Queen Mother." I mentally cursed at myself.

"Thanks, Auntie." He smiled at her.

"When does this new... order start?" I huffed.

"Today. He will be moving his things into the border tribe headquarters when you both leave. That's all, Mbali. Thank you for being... cooperative." T'Challa smiled sympathetically.

I just nodded after I was dismissed and walked to the ship, harshly bumping shoulders with N'Jadaka, only earning a heart laugh from him as the door closed.

"Bast, be with me." I groaned.