16 | O P P S

If you are threatened by a man, sleep at night, if it is by a woman then stay awake.
- African Proverb

_____________________________

Mbali

"So, are you not going to tell us how the trip went?" Sanaa asked Mbali while the two of them and Nakia sat at one of the islands in the royal home. T'Challa, Erik, and M'Baku decides to have a training session before another dinner that Ramonda put together. She was always big in hosting and parties even when T'Chaka was alive; even though he wasn't really big on them. Mbali sat at the island and picked at the grapes that were put in her bowl, trying to avoid Sanaa and Nakia's eyes.

"I told you, we got the vibranium and met with his friends a few times. Nothing major." Mbali finally looked at them and shrugged. She told the girls about Y'lan and Sage— who she actually really loved. She even took it as far as keeping up with Sage regularly because she liked her crazy antics.

Now, did she plan on telling them everything that happened in New York? Not at all. She had no plans on telling them about what happened at the club, her killing someone, and especially not telling them about her and Erik sleeping together. The two of them still weren't talking about it, but the frustrations were building back up between the both of them.

Nakia looked at Mbali and squinted her eyes. Her skin had a special glow to it; it was a soft one that she never noticed before, and she was pretty sure Sanaa saw it too. She also noticed how her and Erik came in together and the way they would look at each other. Of all the years she's known Mbali she's never seen her look like she's stuck between her dominant personality and this new submissive side— that's when her eyes grew wide.

"Oh, I know what happened." Nakia smirked and looked at Sanaa who was still slightly confused. "They were intimate."

Sanaa slapped her hands on the table and her mouth fell open. Her eyes were wide as she looked back and forth between Nakia and Mbali. "I knew it was something! I didn't know exactly what it was, but I knew it had to be something! You looked a little too vibrant when you two came back."

"I don't know what you two are talking about." Mbali shook her head.

"Look me in my eyes, Bast is watching and knows all. Did you sleep with him?" Sanaa smirked. Mbali looked at Nakia then her other friend. She knew not to play around with Bast. She wasn't the one to be played with. Mbali sighed and ran her hands over her face, making Sanaa scream. "Tell us everything!"

"No... don't tell me everything. I'm marrying into the family and I really don't want to look at my soon-to-be husbands cousin a certain way." Nakia shook her head and held up her hands. "Spare us certain details."

"Okay, spare her the details but don't leave anything out with me. I like stuff like this." Sanaa folded her hands together. "How did it happen?"

Mbali's leg started to shake nervously before giving in. "It was after we got the vibranium. We were on our way back and in the car things just got really... I don't know. It's like the atmosphere shifted and we were going through completely different moods than earlier. He kept touching me and it was like my skin was pretty much burning."

"Burning?" Sanaa and Nakia asked at the same time, making Mbali nod her head. "Like what type of burning?" Sanaa raised her brow.