12 | S W E E T H E A R T

Refusing and wanting at the same time.
~ Swahili Proverb

__________________

"This is it." Erik said and opened the door to the suite that T'Challa got for us— a penthouse suite. To say that it was huge was an understatement, and I don't know why him and Nakia thought we'd need something this large and lavish. A simple five star room would've been great; but one thing about T'Challa that a lot of people didn't know about, was that he had no problem with spending money to make rich Americans look broke. "Damn, he knows how to pick a room."

I stayed silent want took my things into the other room to find out that we had to share a bed

I stayed silent want took my things into the other room to find out that we had to share a bed. This? I knew was Nakia's doing. I groaned and pushed my things against the wall, running my hands through my now straightened hair; thanks to Shuri. She said it it'll help me fit in more in America— I disagreed, but there's no arguing with her.

Erik followed me into the room and leaned against the doorframe with his arms crossed. "You're really still pissed, huh?" He frowned.

"Extremely." I said with a stale face, crossing my arms just like him.

"It's not even that big of a deal—"

"Erik... you almost got us kicked off of T'Challa's jet that he let us borrow. If it wasn't for me, we'd still have our asses in Wakanda, trying to get to America!" I yelled at him and started taking out the seven days worth of clothes and a few extra things, putting them into the drawer across from me.

Erik took it upon himself to get into a full blown argument with the co-pilot while the head pilot had to break up their little altercation. I was sleeping, so I didn't know how it all started— and he wouldn't tell me how; but I ended up talking them into letting up continue with the flight since it was important. All I knew was by the time we landed, the co-pilot looked terrified of Erik, and Erik still looked like he wanted to kill him.

"We made it here though, didn't we babygirl? So stop being pissed for a minute and get dressed— I'm not spending seven days here with a bitchy Mbali." He smirked at me.

"Bitchy? And where are we even going this late?" I asked but started getting ready anyway.

"To get food?" He said as a question but I knew it was a statement. "A nigga is hungry, and I know you are too— get dressed and let's go." He slides out of his white shirt to throw on a black one and puts on a pair of black Nikes to go along with it and a black jacket. His dreads were braided to the back again since he asked me to redo them before leaving.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed a pair of jeans and a sleeveless yellow top and heels before going into the bathroom. "What's wrong? You can't change in front of me now? I thought we been over this." He teased me and winked.

"Shut up." I held my hand up and closed the bathroom door, I could hear him laughing from the other side while I leaned against it. One thing that irritated me the most about Erik was that he didn't let anything go. He made sure to remind you of whatever happened any chance he got. The last few days after we woke up in the same bed he made it a personal mission of his to remind me what we did at the worst moments: in front of Ramonda, in front of T'Challa and Nakia, and everyone else.