29 | A D O R E

You don't need a light to see someone you know intimately at night.
~ Ghanaian Proverb

_____________________________________

Erik—N'Jadaka

"So, what's going on with this?" Y'lan asked and moved his finger between Mbali and I, even though her and Sage were walking probably ten feet in front of us in this large ass art museum. It was Sages' idea to come here, and it didn't take much for her to get Mbali to agree, since she liked looking at other cultures different takes on art. It was a contemporary art museum, so they at least had more to offer than the others.

Y'lan and I tried to tell them, that they could literally walk around California and see real contemporary art without having to be in this boujie ass place... but when both of them have their mind made up together, it's no point in arguing against it.

"Cause I ain't ever seen you act this willing to do shit like this before— I don't have a choice; if I say no, Sage swears up and down that I don't fucking love her anymore. But you and Mbali? That's a different story." He chuckled. "So what's up?"

"Here you go, assuming shit." I chuckled and shook my head, looking at one of the crazy ass art pieces. For it to be worth so much money, I swear I could make this shit by myself with some damn twigs and dirt.

"I'm not assuming anything; I know something's up. So, what is it? Cause Sage peeped it from the jump— I just wanted to give it time, to see if it was serious or not. You obviously like her." Y'lan moved around a woman who was standing in his way.

"She's different— a pain in the ass, but she's different." I shrugged and looked in the glass case that was on the side of us. It had some crazy ass multicolored rope being pulled in different directions— and they swore it was art.

"Did you tell her she's different? I think you like that she's a pain in the ass though— it's giving you a challenge

"Did you tell her she's different? I think you like that she's a pain in the ass though— it's giving you a challenge."

"She knew that from jump."

"And what do you plan on doing about that?" I looked back at Y'lan and raised my eyebrow at him, and all he did was smirk. "Cause you ain't getting any younger... and you ain't cute, so..."