4 | B A S T

Love, like rain, does not choose the grass on which it falls.

~ South African Proverb

___________________

I couldn't even walk down the half of the headquarters the same anymore after what happened last night. Every time I would leave my room, his eyes would be on me and a smirk would be on his face. That same smirk I wanted to wipe off.

There wasn't a noise to be heard in the headquarters this morning, so I quickly got dressed into simple clothing and decided to go into town to attempt stress shopping for a gathering that the Royal family would be having soon.

It was something that was done once a year by Queen Ramonda to celebrate the culture of Wakanda. Everyone was always invited, and it wouldn't be a time for the Dora's or any others in command to dress in our armor. Ayo loved it the most since she would be able to walk around more comfortably.

I quickly slid on my shoes and made my way to the door.

"Where do you think you're going, sweetheart?"

I groaned and pushed my head against the door. I was so close to making it out.

"I'm going to mind my own business." I turned around and gave him a sarcastic smile. My smile soon fell when I realized he was shirtless. His dreaded hair was tossed to one side and his arms were crossed.

If he wasn't such an asshole, I could happily comment him about how good looking he actually was.

"Eyes are up here, babygirl."

I felt my face get hot as I looked up to meet his eyes. "I'm leaving." I turned on my heels to grab the door just to be stopped again.

"I'm coming with you."

"No the hell you are not." I turned back to him, shaking my head. "You can stay here. I don't need you causing any attention or being an asshole."

"Well, lucky for you I might be in a good mood today. And I need a favor." He pointed to his hair. "Need this touched up."

"And you expect me to do it why?" I questioned making him chuckle.

"I could always go down the route of saying because you take orders from me. But, let's say because you owe me." He leaned against the wall.

"I owe you?" I held my chest and laughed. "And what exactly do I owe you, N'Jadaka? I feel like you're stalling so that you can sneak your way into coming with me."

"You let my girls get away last night," he walked over to me slowly but with a weird gleam in his eyes. Each step he made towards me, I took one back until my back hit the door completely. "So I'd figure instead of you wanting to take one of their places, you could help with my hair situation. Besides, we have a celebration to prepare for tonight anyway. So thank you." He smirked and grabbed my hand, pulling me up the steps towards his floor.

"I didn't agree to anything!" I argued back and tried to pry his fingers from around my wrist but it was no point. Erik was strong.

"Would you rather me have you in my bed?" He turned back to look at me.

My face started to heat up again when I saw his gold fangs peak from his lips. "Y-you wouldn't have me in your bed even if you tried." I pushed out and mentally slapped myself for stuttering. It took away from all of the confidence I had in my voice, and he noticed. "Go." I groaned. "And this better be quick."