10 | M U S H R O O M T E A

Fire and gunpowder do not sleep together.
~ African Proverb
________________

"Yeka ukulwa nam." Stop fighting me. Erik snapped and had my arms pinned to my sides. I glared up at him and tried to pull my arms away from him but it was no point.

After we all met at the palace about W'Kabi, everything between the two of us has been nothing but arguments and physical fights. Well, I was the one doing the fighting; he'd just grip me up occasionally.

Now, we were fighting over him being pissed off at me for leaving by myself without letting him know anything. He was taking this whole 'protecting' thing to a completely different level.

"Let. Me. Go." I said to him.

"If I let you go, you better not hit me." He raised his eyebrow at me, waiting for my response. "Cause you know you're a woman, so I can't hit you back."

"I'm just trying to go to my room and you keep stopping me. So if you keep stopping me, don't you think I'm gonna retaliate?" I tried to move my arms but he wouldn't let me budge.

"That's really not the way to get your point across though. So, if I let you go and you hit me, I'm tossing your little ass over my shoulder and throwing you in a damn lake." He said slowly. I huffed and shrugged my shoulders. His grip slowly loosened from my wrists and he dropped his hands, moving back. "Thank you."

"I'm leaving to go out for a drink with Sanaa— I don't need you tagging along, this is a girls only thing." I tried to tell him in a calm voice. If I raised my voice at any point while talking to him, another argument would start and he'd try to hold me hostage.

"I'm starting to think that you like pissing me off and stressing me out." He crossed his arms.

"I'm just going out with my friend because she wants to catch up. I don't need a babysitter while I'm hanging out with my friend. Remember, I'm the one who has to protect you and this tribe. You don't protect me." I stopped at my door and turned to look at him.

His eyes widened then he slowly frowned. "I don't protect you, huh?"

"No, you don't."

He smirked and shook his head, brushing his thumb against his bottom lip. "Fine, go have fun then, sweetheart." I guess I irritated him because he walked way without saying anything else.

Maybe I should've been saying that more often.

I walked into my room and closed the door, going right into my closet and instantly threw on a pair of jeans and a bralette that Sanaa found for me while she was in the states. I threw on a jacket to cover my shoulders and found a pair of heels to tie everything together before grabbing my kimoyo beads and looking over myself in the mirror.

 I threw on a jacket to cover my shoulders and found a pair of heels to tie everything together before grabbing my kimoyo beads and looking over myself in the mirror