26 | S A T I V A & I N D I C A

Only a fool tests the depth of a river with both feet.
~ African Proverb
________________________________

Mbali

I woke up instantly to the smell of smoke and music playing from outside of the bedroom, so I knew that Erik was up

I woke up instantly to the smell of smoke and music playing from outside of the bedroom, so I knew that Erik was up. It wasn't the smell of any regular smoke; like food burning or anything like that, so I also knew that he was more than likely high. He would always smoke back home, so it wasn't a big deal.

As soon as I sat up and pulled the covers from off my body, I realized that I actually wasn't naked, and that he more than likely threw a shirt over me, and I was too blacked out to realize it. I clutched his black shirt to my chest and mentally cursed at how cold the room was. There was a mirror not that far from the bed, and as soon as I looked in it, everything that happened last night hit me all over again, and I ran my hands against my face. "We're not living this down." I mumbled to myself and huffed. I instantly felt nervous to even see him right now; not really because of what we did- we were past that point. We could literally do this all over again on any other day, and wake up the next morning to the awkward silence and sly comments, but because of what was said. Both of us agreed to and said some things that were probably in the heat of the moment, but it even felt different.

I threw my feet from the bed and grabbed one of the hair-ties that were on the nightstand, pulling my hair into a bun at the top of my head. I had a few things laid out for a shower anyway, so I grabbed them; along with the kimoyo beads, and brought them into the bathroom with me. Before I could even get the water in the shower running, the beads went off with a call from Sanaa. I knew that she'd eventually call since I haven't heard from her or Nakia in days; but I knew that they were busy, and wouldn't tell me a damn thing about what was going on. Answering it, her hologram came through clear, along with the grin on her face.

"Enjoying your mission?"

"First, fuck you. You knew that this wasn't a mission and didn't tel me. Second, yes I am enjoying it." I crossed my arms and watched as her eyebrows raised.

"Whoa, Mr. Stevens is definitely rubbing off on you." She laughed and threw her hands in the air. "How'd you find out anyway?"

"Erik told me last night, thank you very much. Why didn't you tell me, is a better question?"

"Oh, by the looks of it, I'm sure that's not the only thing he told you last night. And if I did, T'Challa would know, and I'm not about to put up with his uptight ass. You of all people know how he can be." She must've saw the confused look I had on my face, and it made the smirk come through on her lips. "You have a bruise on your collarbone, and I'm pretty sure you didn't let that man choke you out... unless you did in a really erotic way. Either way, I don't judge, but I'd like to know any freaky details that you're willing to spare."