11 | W A T E R

From the well of envy, only a fool drinks the water.
~ (Nigerian Proverb)

________________

My head was killing me double time right now. It felt like I was just hit by the fastest moving car, and they didn't plan on showing me any mercy to at least slow the damn car down. I turned my body to the side and tried to stretch, but felt a hand holding my thigh while the other was on my back.

I frowned and lifted my head up a little to see that I was on top of a sleeping Erik who had his face turned into the pillow that was under his head— and his grip around me was so strong that there was no way I could get up without waking him up.

I tried to make sense of whatever happened last night, but when I looked on the floor and saw my clothes and his, I instantly started to panic. I lifted from on top of him a little to see that I at least had on panties and he did too, but that didn't make the situation any better! I put my head back down and tried to think of a way to get off from on top of his with other waking him up, but I knew that Erik wasn't a heavy sleeper.

I could be going to the kitchen to get something, and he'd wake up with an attitude watching me with a blanket wrapped around his body, complaining that I was too loud.

"You need to relax." He mumbled and squeezed my thigh gently before rubbing his hand against it. I laid there quietly, praying that he was probably talking in his sleep, but I knew that he wasn't. "I know you're not sleeping. Your heart is beating too damn fast. I can hear it."

With that, I sat up and pushed myself from off of him, moving to the opposite end of the bed. I regretted it almost instantly because my head started pounding again. "Erik, please just tell me what happened last night because I hope—" I started quickly but stopped when his eyes opened and he looked at me with a smirk.

"Sanaa and M'Baku dropped you off last night— apparently you were drunk off of some mushroom tea shit."

Oh, Bast.

"I tried to get you to relax but you had other plans, and you wanted me to try whatever you were on; so you kissed me. One thing lead to another—"

"Just tell me if we did it or not." I groaned.

"Did what?" He frowned, deciding to act clueless, but he knew what I was talking about.

"Don't play with me."

"I don't know what you're—"

"Did we fuck, Erik. Yes or no?" I snapped. He chuckled to himself and grabbed my ankle, dragging me closer towards him. I crossed my arms over my chest to cover myself.

"You're wasting your time doing that; I already seen them last night. But to answer your question, we didn't technically— as soon as I tried to get up in you; like you asked me too, by the way, you were out like a light."

At least he was cool enough to know the whole consent thing. They didn't play games about that type of thing in Wakanda.

"So why are we almost naked then?" I questioned.

"Even though I said we didn't technically fuck, doesn't mean nothing happened still... I still got a taste—"

"Oh my Bast..." I groaned and put my head in my hands, mainly trying to hide any blush that might wanna make a grand appearance on my face.