20 | S H A K E O N I T

If love is a sickness, patience is the remedy.
~ Cameroonian Proverb

___________________________

Erik—N'Jadaka

I woke up in Shuri's lab on one of her tables with my side wrapped and groaned. I grabbed my side and hissed when I sat up, seeing T'Challa and Okoye looking at me carefully. I saw my shirt on the floor with the blood stain on the side of it and looked down at the white bandage wrapped around my ribs.

"N'Jadaka," T'Challa said carefully and took a step towards the table slowly. "I understand you just woke up, but you need to tell me everything that happened."

I looked at the wires that I was connected to and as soon as I tried to take them off, Okoye grabbed my arm to stop me. "Shuri needs them to monitor your heart. Since the herb is in your system you've healed though it took time. She's running simple tests and asked that you stay put."

I wasn't in the mood to argue against what she was telling me right now so I just stayed put. "I was leaving the meeting and the lights down the hall cut out... more like someone just cut the damn electricity off cause it shut off down that hall fast. Next thing I know is somebody is trying to fight me and I knocked them out. I tried to get back up and leave to find you but two more people just ran up; one held me and the other got me in the fucking ribs—" I kept going but stopped when I kept hearing a loud beeping coming from the monitor that was for my heart.

T'Challa and I had a different heart beat compared to everyone else because of the herb. It made our heartbeat a little faster than anyone else's; so it showed differently on the monitor. But this was going faster than it normally did. My breathing started to quicken and I clenched my jaw.

"You have to calm down, N'Jadaka. You're going to strain yourself—" T'Challa spoke but I cut him off.

"Fuck that." I shook my head and snatched off the wires off and saw the monitors cut off. "Fuck all that shit. You think I'm about to sit up in here, let a nigga stab me, and be calm about that shit? In a place where y'all suppose to be sitting comfortable... and protected." I scoffed.

"N'Jadaka you need to be back on the table—" Okoye frowned.

"Fuck that table, I'm not getting on shit." I frowned back at her before looking back at T'Challa who was looking too calm. "What I want you to do is find out who the person was before I handle it myself, cause for them to get in here that smooth is a problem, and you better hope you don't have anyone in here working against you." My nostrils flared and Okoye came to stand next to T'Challa in a protective stance.

"Step back." Her hand clenched around her sphere and T'Challa held his hand up to stop her.

"He's fine, Okoye. Just angry and wants answers... he has the right—"

He stopped when we heard a soft groan coming from out the room, and their heads went from looking at the door to looking at me. "What?"

T'Challa took a deep breath and pinched the bridge of his nose before looking at Okoye. "Sinike umzuzu." Give us a minute. He mumbled to her and she glared at me before sighing and walking out of the room to where the groaning was coming from. He looked at me and crossed his arms. "I need you to sit."