14 | F R I E N D S

A beautiful thing is never perfect.
~Egyptian Proverb

____________________________

The next two days were the longest and most awkward days of my life. I don't know if it was because I was making it that way, but to say that I was avoiding him was a real understatement this time. I kept all conversations to a minimum and when it came to us going to sleep, I'd always sleep at the furthest end of the bed; but somehow always find my way in the middle of it with my leg around his.

Erik was in the bathroom now and was getting dressed to go out, again. This time it was because he had a friend here in New York and insisted on us going out to see him; he said it was someone he became pretty cool with while he was in M.I.T, so I got dragged into going since he claimed that his friends girlfriend would be there, and I'd have someone I could 'talk to' like I was a lonely kid.

I don't know if he was avoiding me to the same extent that I was avoiding him, but you could easily cut the awkwardness down the middle of the room. I sat on the bed and slid on the heels that I bought yesterday, along with one of the outfit that I bought from the stores yesterday.

 I sat on the bed and slid on the heels that I bought yesterday, along with one of the outfit that I bought from the stores yesterday

He finally came out of the bathroom and cleaned his throat, gaining my attention. I looked up at him and saw that we were both wearing black, and noticed that he hadn't had his hair touched up in a while. "You just couldn't pick another color, huh?" He smirked, breaking the silence that was in the room.

 "You just couldn't pick another color, huh?" He smirked, breaking the silence that was in the room

"First of all, I didn't know what you were wearing. You've been in the bathroom for hours; I got ready within minutes. Are you ready?" I stood up and grabbed my bag and kimoyo beads. "You kept mentioning that your friend has a girlfriend that I could talk to, how would you even know if I'd like her?"

"Trust me, you'd like Sage. You both have something in common: this bad bitch personality that you both never let die." He mumbled as we walked towards the door. He stopped with his hand in the knob and turned to look me up and down again, making me feel a little small.