Preview

"Move like a butterfly sting like a bee."

"Look at you quoting people you don't know a damn thing about." I snapped. Toby had a way of getting under my skin that no one else possessed. Only he could make me mad by using some over used quote he probably found on the internet.

He jabbed with his right hand and followed up with a left uppercut. The force his knuckles hit the wall with made me fear for the person in side the ring.

"Can I get a good luck kiss?" He smiled that smiled and I nearly dropped dead.

"Of course you can get a good luck kiss, on my ass."

"Hey, I take it anyway I can get it."

I chuckled. A brief chuckle and he started staring at me.

"What?"

"I made you laugh."

"I'm gonna laugh even harder when you get your ass kicked."

"What if I don't get my ass kicked?"

"You'll be a lucky son-of-a-bitch."

"I'll make you a deal. If I can knock the guy out in less than two minutes, you have to go on a date with me."

I wanted to laugh hysterically, but something about the glimmer in his deep hazel eyes made me not want to. He seemed genuinely interested in me.

"Deal."

I shook his sweaty hands and touched the back of his knuckles. They were hard and covered in dry blood.

"Good luck, you'll need it."

The fighter call began and I seated myself back to the main section of the fighting hall. There were only five or six people here total.

Some rings girls who looked like whores in Victoria's Secret walked around asking for betting money. The guy Toby was going up against was getting pumped in his corner and Toby's 'manager' was putting away some money.

The guy Toby was fighting looked like the product of heavy steroid use. His upper body looked like it was slowly coming off his lower half. He didn't have any shirt on and that showcased his ripped chest and abs and the tattoos that decorated his body. A long scar ran from his cheek to his eye on the left side of his face.

I didn't stare for long because Toby came out looking significantly smaller. He was toned, but he was lean not buff. His body was also decorated in tattoos, but a 'woman beater' covered his chest instead of being shirtless.

I chewed my bottom lip. There was no way Toby could beat that guy and I was sure he would die trying. Why did I care if he won? I didn't want to sit on a date with him for a hour and watch him blab on about how bad he is. But, some part of me did.

My heart and brain were in a hot war of conflicted interest. Toby was becoming more than a friend I occasionally pushed around for the hell of it.

Last month these thoughts would have made me gag. In the last few months, I had been: Forced to kiss him in the girl's locker room, eaten with him in lunch detention, and even shared an almost romantic moment on our annual high school trip.

Something about his was oddly satisfying. I knew I shouldn't feel this way and even if I did like him in the slightest, we would fuck and he would leave. Period.

What if he didn't though? He didn't usually chase girls for several months. If they didn't want him, he found another girl that did. Why chase me for almost a whole school year?

The first punched delivered sounded like thunder and snapped me out of my thoughts. Toby was laying on his back as the timer for the first round ran down.

He sprung back to his feet and delivered a punch to the man's skull that I wasn't sure anyone could live through. The fight continued on and I could feel my breath getting weaker as the clock dropped.

He had only sixty seconds before the whole date thing was just a dream.

Toby took the man's arm, spun himself around and landed on the man's back. He grabbed the man's arm and snapped it at the elbow. A scream came from the man's mouth and that declared Toby as the winner.

He looked up to me and winked. I puffed and sigh like it hurt me that he had won. In all honesty, I wanted to run to him and jump into his arms. He came to me though.

"Dinner Saturday?"

"It's a date." I sighed.

"You didn't think I was going to win, did you? But I did and now you're going on date with me."

"Don't get cocky, you won a fight."

He leaned in so I could smell the sweet musk radiating from his sweaty body.

"But I saw your fingers crossed."

Every other insult my brain could think of was cut off by him being this close. My stomach did flips over the knots in my gut.

"Saturday it is then."

Author's Note

This is the preview to a new story I'm starting after I finish one or two of my other stories. So tell me what you think in the comments.