Chapter 11

Smack.

Smack.

Smack.

I was becoming more and more irritated as Toby and I made our way down the street. He kept smacking his thigh with his hand as he walked with that annoying smirk of his. I growled and rolled my eyes which only made him laugh and shove my shoulder lightly. He continued walking and smacking his thigh and I was about to break his neck into a million different pieces.

"Can you stop?" I snapped at him and he smirked and shook his head.

"I'll stop if you hold my hand." He smiled and I rolled my eyes and folded my hands over my chest. Jerk. He shrugged his muscular shoulder and continued with the thigh smacking. The park was a couple more blocks away and I wand sure if I could deal with the noise. I finally rolled my eyes and took his hand. He grinned and intertwined our fingers. I tried to pull away, but he refused to let go.

"This is stupid Toby."

"Let's have a nice conversation. Why were you crying earlier?"

I shrugged my shoulders and he hit his shoulder against mine again.

"Tell me."

I rolled my eyes, " I'm scared, about my future. My parents don't really have a lot of money and I don't know about college."

He nodded and rubbed his arm against mine. It was honestly a comforting move and rubbed my arm against his as well. We continued to the park and made our way over to the swing set where we rocked back and forth as the sun begin to set.

"You don't have to worry about that right now."

"But I do Toby. Our futures are right around the corner. Do you know what you wanna do?"

He shook his head and stopped his swing set.

"I wanted to join the army like my dad, but I don't think that's an option now."

"Why not? You can get your act together."

"It's too late for that now Nat. I've missed up my whole life. Detentions, suspensions, being expelled. It's to late for me to try and make a future for myself."

I nodded even though I was sure I didn't understand what Toby was talking about. I had only had one suspending and that was because of the guy sitting by me with his hand intertwined with mine. I felt a breeze and shivered slight to which Toby rubbed my hand. I smiled slightly at him and saw his eyes light up slightly. Toby stood up and squeezed himself next to me. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me close to him.

Toby brought his index finger under my jaw and tilted his head up so I had to look into his hazel eyes. He licked his lips perfectly and I felt a heat run through my system. He began leaning down and I could feel desire leaking from my body.

"I should go." I said quickly as I felt his lips close to mine. I hoped out of the swing and began walking home. I was nervous and honestly wasn't sure why I didn't kiss him. I didn't know if I wanted to touch him. I tucked my arms across my chest to keep in heat and hurried home.

_____________________________________________________________________

"Mom!" I called as I entered the house. She poked her head out of the kitchen to show me she was home. I sighed and plopped down on the couch. I ran a hand through my hair and took off my shoes.

"I know you not on my couch with them school clothes own!" My mom yelled and I quickly ran up the stairs to take a much needed shower. I needed to wash Toby off of me. I quickly showered and changed into some shorts and a shirt. I ran down the stairs to see my mom laying some chicken and rice on the table. I quickly sat down and placed a fork into my food. I was starving and a million different things were going to my mind right now.

There was only one thing I was sure of. I was the first girl to deny Toby King.

Author's Note

So close, but yet so far. They almost kissed! But it just wasn't time for them to kiss, will they start dating before the senior trip? And what about Toby's dad? Vote, comment, and follow.