Chapter 2

"Miss Atkins, I'm surprised at you. I never imagined you being the type of student to throw your fist around," Principal Lombardi wasn't necessarily a hard or bad principal, he was just strict. "But I'm sure the situation was.... instigated."

"So because she's some goody-two-shoes, I automatically started the situation?" Toby snapped from the corner with an ice pack on his swollen and blackened eye. It was comforting to know that he'd have proof to why he shouldn't mess with me.

"Did you know that reputation is everything Mr. King? Natalie has a good reputation. Good grades, a little bit of a smart mouth and attitude, but she gets her job and work done. You, on the other hand, do not have a good reputation."

"Judging people by their past?"

"If a murder occurs and the police ask a doctor and a drug dealer, even if the drug dealer is right, who are the police going to believe?"

Principal Lombardi let the question sink in before retrieving two pink slips from his desk. His tanned hands picked up a pen and began scribbling down some things. Principal Lombardi was quite an attractive man to say he'd past the fifty Mark line ages ago.

Tanned skin from his Italian heritage and light brown eyes. His voice was a deep baritone and he stood close to six feet. I wondered why he'd become a principal instead of some sexy model.

"I'm suspending both of you for three days each," he handed both of us a pink sheet of paper, "I'll be informing both of your parents right now. Stay put."

Principal Lombardi left the room and I couldn't help my eyes from wondering over to the boy with the black eye. He'd probably tell his friends he ran into a pole and not that he got his ass handed to him. By a girl at that.

"This is all your fucking fault." He spat at me and I gritted my teeth together. "We would have been fine if you weren't such a hardcore feminist."

"Shut-up! Should I give your ass another bruise to take home?"

"As if. If you hadn't caught me off guard, you'd be begging for death by now."

"I'm scared of the guy with the black eye."

He paused, "this really is your fault."

"Like you care, only a few minutes ago you were sure you'd own the school. Only bad-boys and players own these schools so which one are you?"

"Fuck you, I don't take calling you a bitch back either."

"I don't take giving you a black eye back."

We sat there in silence and I was completely okay with that because I had no intentions to talk to the asshole. He kept the ice pack on his eye and winced constantly.

The principal came back in and told him his mother was there. He flicked me off and walked out of the office. I sat back in my chair and began dreading the moment I would have to see my own mother.

Author's Note

Short chapter again? Sorry, I'm just trying to take things slow at first so they don't seem to rushed. Also, I'm coming close to having a thousand followers and I was wondering how I should 'celebrate' the moment. I was thinking maybe publishing an author's thoughts books to like tell you guys about different projects I have coming up and about updating and life and stuff, but I would still like some feedback on what to do for all you amazing fans who have supported me and kept me encouraged to write and I'm just so grateful. So, tell me what you think about the chapter, sorry for the length, and tell me what I should do for my ONE THOUSAND FOLLOWER CELEBRATION.