Chapter 4

"Natalie! Get up and clean up!" My mother yelled from downstairs and I groaned before rolling on to my stomach and checking the time. It was seven O'clock in the morning on Saturday. Normally I would be down to the park with Chloe or at Chloe's house, but today I was confined to the house and forced to clean up. My dad was working this weekend so I was spending the weekend with my mother who was still pissed about me getting suspended. I would have been over it by now, but that was my mother and she didn't get over anything easily. I'd probably be a mother and she'd still be reminding me about the time I got suspended as a senior.

I dressed myself in some shorts and a tank top and began my work around the house. I dusted, I swept and vacuumed, I cleaned out the fridge and pantry, and I cleaned my own room which was like trying to tame a garbage dump. I plopped down on the couch and closed my eyes for .1 seconds.

"Get up and clean this house up Natalie."

"Mama I did everything, I'm tired." I responded and leaned back into the couch. My mother took that answer for now and left me to my resting. I propped my feet up on the couch and thought about Monday. I would have to make-up all the class work and homework I missed, explain to Chloe why I wasn't there, and deal with whatever his name was. This was not going to be a fun week.

My mother returned to the living room and held out her hand with my phone in it. My eyes lit up and I grabbed the device from her hands.

"Thank you mommy." I wrapped my hands around her neck and kissed her cheek. "I love you mommy."

"I love you too girl, but I'm serious, this better not happen again."

I nodded and sat back down on the couch to catch up on life. I had several text messages from Chloe that I would have to answer immediately and I also had some emails from teachers nice enough to let me finish my work over the weekend.

Hey Clo, sorry I haven't answered, but I have so much to tell you.

The response was almost instant. Chloe had obviously been waiting on a text from me.

OMG where have you been? I all but called the police

I got suspended

OMG for what?

Punching this boy in the face

Badass

lol thanx but that got me suspended and my mom took away my phone

I can't wait to hear about it Monday but I gotta go now see ya luv ya

Luv ya too

I checked my emails and decided to get started on some work. It wasn't very hard work and I completed it easily. By the time I was done, my mother called me for dinner. Dinner was a simple chicken and rice meal, but I enjoyed it.

My mother kissed my goodnight and said she loved me before heading out to work. I watched T.V for a while and then went to bed. I was drowsy from all the work earlier and fell to sleep quickly.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Monday came in like a wrecking ball into my life. I dragged myself to school in my typical school uniform of a black shirt and some khaki pants. I hated school uniform, but I was happy I didn't have to come up with some new clothes every week. I went to my locker and saw Chloe chatting with some boy and pulling stuff out of her locker.

"Clo!" I yelled and she left the boy to wrap her arms around me. She winked at me as she went back to the boy and began flirting again. I rolled my eyes and began pulling my books out of my locker.

Chloe was constanly flirting and had every boy at the school wrapped around her index finger. She was short, big in the hips, and had long black hair. She had blue eyes and tanned skin. The boy walked away and she turned to me.

"He was cute wasn't he?" She asked and I checked him out as he walked away. Short curly black hair and a talk body was all I could see from where I was.

"Yeah, he fine."

"I'm going out with her Friday, he has a friend and we can double date." Chloe bit her lip hopefully, but I shook my head as always.

"Nope. I'm happily single and I'm an independent woman, I don't need a man to make me happy. If you're not happy single, you won't be happy in a relationship."

"But you've been single forever. I think it's time for you to get a boyfriend."

"I'll get a boyfriend when I'm good and ready and I'm not going to rush into anything just so I can call some bae. Thanks, but no thanks."

"You're so stubborn." Chloe rolled her eyes playfully.

"You love me for it."

"By the way, who'd you punch?"

"Oh my gosh, it was the funniest thing. He was talking trash and called me a bitch, so I punched his eye."

"What was his name?"

"New kid."

"Toby?"

"Yeah, how'd you know?"

"'Cause he's like the hottest thing since sliced bread right now. The girls love him, guys aspire to be like him, he's perfect Nat."

Well shut you mouth and keep talkin.