Chapter 21

Natalie's Point of View

"I think this is a horrible idea dad. It can takes kid weeks to get adjusted to new school settings and in that time I can go from being an A student to a failing student. You don't want that right father?"

My dad didn't even glance over to me pleading with him in the passenger seat of his car. I sounded like a child, but I honestly didn't care. I didn't want to transfer to a new school especially not the run - down one I was going to. It was the typical intercity school. Kids who couldn't give two shits about education and teachers who didn't care very much either. I didn't want to be labeled as one of the numbers so I was trying my hardest to convince myself to do my absolute best for how ever long I was going to be in this hell hole.

"Your mother and I went to this school Nat, it'll be fun."

"Dad, I am begging you, just lie. Tell them that we're still in the school zone."

"I can't lie to the school board Natalie."

"Oh so now you choose to be an upstanding citizen," I snapped back. My father looked at me before stopping the car in front of a weary looking building. The brick walls were still there, but barely. There was chalk and spray paint on the ground and the metal around the doors and windows were rusting.

"Daddy please," I placed my hands together in front of me and hit him with my best puppy dog face, "please daddy."

"Get out of the car Natalie."

I rolled my eyes dramatically before reaching in the backseat and grabbing my book - bag. I placed it on my back and followed my father silently into the school. I got the typical stares and snickers from people, but I expected that and didn't really care. At least I was going places in life.

My father stopped at a door labeled principal offices and instructed me to sit outside while he handled the paper work. I found an aging red chair and took a seat with my book - bag and purse close to me. My phone vibrated softly and I took it out of my pocket.

Toby : having a good day?

Nat : no wbu ?

Toby : I skipped

Nat : Toby ! U can't skip school ur a senior now everything counts

Toby : thanx mom but I'm fine Nat just have a good day and I'll see you after school

Nat : okay can u say hi to nina and Clo for me

Toby : sure thing babe , bye

It never ceased to send tingles through my stomach when Toby called be babe or baby. It was such a simple gesture, but it lit my body up and I was sure he knew it. After a few more minutes in the office, my dad finally came out with a paper in his hand.

"Here's your schedule baby girl."

"Dad - "

"Goodbye Nat, have a good day."

My father kissed my forehead and said another goodbye before walking out of the doors. I looked at the paper and turned on my heels to find my first class which was biology.

I hurriedly walked through the dirty hallways searching for my first class that seemed nonexistent. I walked and backed up and walked forward again, but I could not find the classroom.

I continued looking when suddenly the bell rung and students crowded to hallway. What an amazing start to the day.

_____________________________

"I hate my new school," I groaned and took a seat next to Toby who wrapped his arm around me and placed a delicate kiss on my cheek. Nina, Chloe, and some girl I had never seen before sat across from us. We were currently at some burger joint that was suppose to be really good.

"It can't be that bad Nat, you just have to make the most it."

"I tried to make the most of it and to make friends, but I guess I have some kind of disease and everyone stayed away from me. Do I have something on my face?"

I turned to Toby who had a grin spread across his face.

"Yep," I was about to get worked up about being allowed to go to school with something on my face, but Toby placed a finger over my lips, "you have beautiful and it's all over your face. If those kids don't want to be your friend, it's there lost. You're beautiful, smart, funny, and incredibly charming."

"You're such a flatterer Toby," I hit his chest playfully.

"That he is." The girl with no - name chimed looking up from her menu. I tried to mold my face into a smile, but I was having a hard time because Toby and this hoe obviously knew each other.

"I'm sorry, I'm Nyla."

"Natalie,"

"I'm a friend of Toby's," she explained. I smiled and nodded my head as if I was interested in what she was saying, but I honestly already didn't like her. Toby never had girls that were 'just friends' and I was sure they had a romantic history that was most likely sexual, "Toby has told me so much about you."

"Really? I haven't heard anything about you, Nadia."

"Nyla," she corrected with a smile that was a bit too friendly. I nodded and opened my menu to signal the end to the conversation. Toby rubbed my back silently and I bit my bottom lip to keep from embarrassing him and myself in a public place.

The conversation between Toby and Nyla was the only one going and that pissed me off more than anything. The fact that his arm was around me, but he giving lust filled looks at this girl. It was sickening. But I don't honestly know what I expected, once a player always a player.

Author's Note

What is Toby doing? Is Nyla his side hoe or is Nat just being a little too cautious? I don't know but something about Toby and Nyla seems extra fishy and I don't want it to be fishy because that could mean the end of Noby / Totalie. Vote, follow, and comment to tell me what you think about the chapter. Thank you.

Also, I'm writing an AmBw book and if you're into asian men and black women it would mean a lot to me if you checked it out when I put it up. Thank you.

And one last thing, all of this is unedited and I won't be editing until the very end of the book so if you seem grammar mistakes or any other errors just try and ignore it. thank you.