Chapter 13

"You should talk to him Nat." Chloe encouraged with a smile. I rolled my eyes and folded my arms over my chest. I was absolutely stubborn and firm in not talk to Toby anymore.

"I'm good, but thanks."

"He likes you Nat."

"Correction, he likes sex. I don't even think that animal is able to like. I hope him and whoever he was about to fuck Saturday had a lot of fun."

"Nat, don't be bitter."

I stopped in the middle of the hallway. Chloe pushed her hands into her uniform pockets and stared up at me.

"Hear me clear Clo, I am not bitter. I liked Toby for the same reason he liked me, he looks good. Nothing more, nothing less."

"I don't believe that Nat."

"Fuck what you believe Chloe. It's the truth."

"Whatever Nat, wanna come over later and watch movies?"

"Yeah, if my mom isn't home and I don't have a million things to do."

"Okay, love ya." Chloe pecked my cheek and took off down the hallway for another working lunch. I started towards the cafeteria when I felt someone grab me from behind.

"Can we talk?" I turned quickly and was met with Toby's pleading eyes. His hair was a wreck, his eyes bloodshot, and he was obviously tired. If he hadn't pissed me off so much, I would be concerned.

"About what Toby?"

"About us. About the ice cream shop."

"That? What does it matter, I don't date you, you're free to live." I was shrugging off the issue like it wasn't much, but I was truly hurt. Toby ran a hand through his hair and licked his lips. The motion didn't turn me on in the slightest.

"Look Nat, I messed up, I messed up bad and I'm sorry."

"Why are you apologizing? I'm not your girlfriend and we were both in this for each other's bodies right?"

"Nat you know you mean more to me than that."

"But I don't mean more to you than your hoes?" I snapped and Toby grabbed my waist gently pushing me against a row of lockers.

"I'm sorry Nat."

"Toby stop, let me go, I have to go to lunch."

"Why are women so difficult? I apologized for fucksakes what more do you want?"

"I want you out of my life for good. I want to forget the name Toby King and I want you to forget me. Let's forget everything about each other, because we're just not good for each other."

Toby sighed and leaned against the locker. I remained quiet as he slid down so he was sitting on the ground. He put his head in his hands and stayed there before looking up at me.

"I haven't been sleeping. I don't know why, I just can't. Every time I close my eyes, I see us about to kiss, but you stop me. Every single time."

I don't know why but seeing broken Toby made tears form around the outer edge of my eyes. I wiped them away quickly sat down next to Toby.

"I'm sorry Natalie. I'm really fucked up, extremely fucked up. I don't know how to show emotion, how does a human not know how to show emotion huh? I use to, but then he died and everything went upside down."

"Toby-"

"No. I just want you to know, I'm really glad you hate me Natalie. Because you don't deserve a guy like me. You deserve some well put together college type guy, not me. Not some childish jackass that runs off with other women cause he's mad he got denied. You deserve so much better than me Nat."

He looked at me, his hazel eyes red with moisture and the outer rim of his eyes puffy. It was a truly unnerving site to see him like this. I stood up and brushed the back of my pants off before reaching my hand down to him.

He took it and pulled himself up. I grabbed his shirt collar and pulled him close.

"I am in charge here, you got that?"

He nodded and I shook him a bit.

"And I know what I need in my life and I don't want anyone to tell me what I do and don't need, got it?"

He nodded again and his hands found my waist.

"And you're right, I probably need some clean-cut college guy, but that's not what I want. I want a badboy because this good girl can hang with the best of them."

I crashed my lips onto Toby's and his hands tightened around my waist. One hand stayed firmly plant on my hip and the other drifted down to my jean pocket. His tongue entered my mouth and bit down on it which caused him to pull back and curse. I regained my grip on his shirt collar and made him look me in the eyes.

"This does not mean you are now bae, you have to work your way into my heart and earn that title. Who's in charge?"

"You are." Toby stated firmly and I nodded.

"Exactly and if you ever bring one of your hoes around me, I'm gonna beat her ass and then I'm gonna feed you your penis, understand?"

Toby nodded and I released his shirt. He pulled me closer and pecked my lips.

"I expect you to carry my books before and after class and get my lunch." Toby's smirk returned to his face as I handed him my book-bag and he followed me down the hallway to the lunch room.

"If I do this, can I call you bae?" Toby yelled from behind me.

"I'll think about it!" I yelled back and opened the doors to the nearly empty lunchroom. I sat down at a table and Toby went in line and came back with two plates of pizza. He sat across from me and ate his pizza silently.

"Who's he?" I questioned when I felt there was enough silence between us.

"What?"

"You said he died."

"Oh, my dad."

My heart suddenly couldn't find the correct pattern to beat in and my face softened.

"Eh, none of that. I don't want your sympathy."

"I'm sorry, it's natural for me to care."

Toby leaned across the table and pecked my forehead.

"It's fine."

"Did he die in the army?"

"Yeah." Toby answered way to quickly and I decided to drop the subject. It was obviously something he didn't feel comfortable talking about and I wouldn't either if it was one of my parents. We continued to eat in silence until we both finished and Toby threw the trash away. We walked out of the cafeteria and Toby grabbed my hand to intertwine our fingers. I groaned but allowed the motion.

"So I have to work to be your boyfriend?"

"Yes."

"How?"

"I don't know Toby use that brain of yours, dinner, movies, romantic walks on the beach."

Toby scrunched his face up and I laughed. We arrived at my class and Toby leaned down as if to kiss me. I put my hand out and his lips touched my palm.

"Only bae gets to kiss me before class." I grabbed my books and book-bag and hurried into the room while bewildered Toby stood outside.

Author's Note :

So a little bit more information on Toby and oh-my-gosh finally. Nat is taking over control and Totalie/ Noby are slowly getting there. So Toby's dad, aw, poor TK but he doesn't want your sympathy even though I know you want to cry. Be sure to leave a vote, comment, and follow. Thank you.