Chapter 10

"Can I come over today?" Toby questioned as soon as he walked up to me at our usual spot by the water fountain. Nina and Chloe were staying back in their art class to finish up some extra work so I was completely vulnerable to Toby with no one to drag me away.

"Come over where Toby?"

He rolled his eyes and touched my hip gently. "To your house dumbass."

"Who the hell you talking to Toby?"

"I'm sorry okay, can I please come to your house today?"

"Why?"

"Cause things are tough at home right now and I just wanna get away."

I tried to look away from Toby's pleading eyes, but he used his index finger to guide my head back to his so I met his eyes. Things are hard at home? I wanted to be nosey and investigate, but Toby seemed as if things were actually paining him. This was only the second time I had seen him serious and it was bit unnerving. I liked funny, joking Toby better.

"You can't come to my house because my mom would kill me, but we can meet at the park or something." I suggested and his eyes got brighter. I had to hold in a smile at the way he looked like a kid in a candy store. He nodded and places a kiss on my cheek before running off. I felt the small spot where his lips had been for a moment and my skin got hot. Why was this asshole becoming something more? Was he becoming something more? I was going crazy with all my unanswered questions and my stupid teenage hormones weren't making the situation any better. I decided I had nothing better to do than roam the empty halls since Chloe and Nina weren't here. I took a sip of water before walking out into the hallway.

I roamed up and down the now empty hallway soon to be filled with a bunch of children and found myself sitting alone on a stairwell. It was quiet moments like these when I had time to think about things. School, my future, Toby had become a recent thought among these things. I no longer views him as the asshole that he once was, but he still wasn't boyfriend material. I knew I wasn't going to get some clean cut boyfriend with everything in his life straight, but Toby was just plain messed up. I decided to shift my thoughts away from him and think about something mods permanent. My future. I wasn't really sure if I was going to college or not since my grades weren't all that good and my parents didn't really have boatloads of money. I didn't want to become another stereotype or statistic, but I honestly wasn't sure about college right now and that scared me with graduation being so close.

The whole thing made me frustrated and a few unexpected tears rolled down my cheeks. I wasn't sure why I was crying, but the tears veritable were pouring and I couldn't stop them.

"Nat?"

"Go away Toby." I managed to get out in between sniffles. He sat down beside me and wrapped one strong arm around my shoulders. I don't know why, but I leaned into his chest and buried my face into his shirt. He rubbed my back and I looked up to face him. He smirked.

"Two times in a row? You definitely owe me an explanation now."

Author's Note

So the issue of their ship name so last chapter @jahchannah gave me one I totally love (haha get it) Toby + Natalie = Totalie. That is like the most perfect thing ever and it gives me so much life. But if you guys like Noby we can keep that, but Totalie gives me life. And Nat's confused about her future? I wanted to do this story a bit differently because I feel like in every story I've written they've had like unlimited money to blow, but these two characters don't and that's completely new for me. I also think it's kinda more exciting because you can create more drama and stuff because they don't have all the necessary supplies to do everything they want to do. Sorry for making these author's notes so long I just have so much to talk about be sure to leave a vote, comment, and follow. Also, I need new reading material because I have read almost everything in my library. Any suggestions?