Ch 8- Who?

********************************************************************************************************************** 

A/N 

Hey Guys Thanks for reading Fire Hits Ice, I really appreciate it! I just want to tell you guys that to continue on with this story I will have to have at least 2 fans and 2 votes. I know I am asking much but Hey I need to know that I have an audience out there!!! Any way I hope your enjoying this story, Because it only gets better..... so Comment so I can Update sooner and update more. Thanks Guys:D

********************************************************************************************************************** 

Chapter 8-who?

Nessie POV

"What is going on? Who was on the phone? Who is that girl? WHAT is she, for that matter?!" Seth asked.

I took in a deep breath and began, "Her name is Brittany. The guy on the phone is named Zack. He, Brittany, and Ashton are part shape-shifter, part vampire. It's a very long story. So, save any questions for the end of the story. Now, do you want to hear their story or how I met them and all that?" They looked at me then at each other.

"Let's hear about them first." said Seth.

I nodded and began, "Okay so Zack comes from South America. His mother was a photographer from New York who went there to take pictures for a book she was writing. His father comes from a tribe like Jacob and Seth's, but they shift to panthers instead. She fell in love. Halfway through her pregnancy she was bit by a vampire. She was alone when this happened and for some reason he ran off. She thought quickly. She reasoned that it was like snake venom. What she didn't count on was that whatever went down HER went straight to Zack.  

The gene that allows him to shift stopped the venom from taking over his whole body. Ashton is the one I have no clue about. No one does not even him. He shifts to a pure White Mountain lion. Brittany's mother was related to Billy,"

Jake looked at me shocked,

"She and her family left when she was six. Remember when Leah said she was a freak, the one female in the history of the tribe? That isn't true. When Britt was 13 her best friend was bitten by a vampire. She was there when it happened and it brought out her wolf form. But after killing the vampire she couldn't bring herself to hurt her friend. She took him to a hotel and waited; he had very good control like Mom and never made a sound. Brittany has the gene, but being part vampire she relies on blood and hasn't been able to shift on will. She is trying her hardest and almost has it down. She has been bitten and it's killing the gene. If Ashton can't stop it she will become a full vampire, but different. She will be in wolf form. It has happened before. Brittany was born with a twin; he was named Brian. This happened to him. Ashton was too late to save him, but he studied his body and came up with a cure; in case it ever happened to Brittany."  

"If Zack can't find him, we will have to kill her in which case Zack would be devastated. He's in love with her, but he hasn't had a chance to tell her yet. I met them when I went hunting a couple of months ago. They used to drink human blood, but after meeting me they've been trying their hardest not to. And when they can't help themselves they take Dad's approach. Only the evil ones. I would have told you sooner, but they asked me not to. Zack has gone to find Ash; maybe he can save her. But right now I need to keep down her temp. Aunt Alice, Mom, Aunt Rosalie? I need you to help me."

I looked at my family, hoping they would help me save my friend.  

"Nessie" I whipped around to face the stair case.

There stood Brittany.

Her skin was still wavering between the three different skins and was slowing down to my relief.

"Brittany! What are you doing down here? Go back up stairs. Wait until Zack and Ash get here. In the mean time let's run a cold tub to get your body heat down some more."

I took a step toward her and in an instant Jacob was at my side holding me back.

I saw the look of unease and fear in his eyes and leaned up to give him a kiss on the cheek. I heard a growl and Uncle Jasper chuckling.

"Calm down, Dad. It was just a kiss on the cheek. You can't kill him for that."

I heard Jake gulp and laughed along with the rest of my family. I took another step in Brittany's direction. But she put a hand up to stop me.

"Don't let her come closer." Brittany told Jake. "Ness, Ash won't be coming. 

He left when he figured out that I love Zack and not him. He could be anywhere between here and Africa. And I have no clue where he is. He-he said he never wanted to see me again. But I know where the vile is. Ice Cave. . . . At the very end. There is a nook that is hidden well; covered with rocks and ice."

She passed out then.

I ran over and caught her.

Seth came over and took her from my arms and took her back up stairs. I watched him as he carried her back up to the room. The staggering tenderness in his actions made me smile a grave and somber smile.

Seth imprinted on Brittany. Oh joy.

I reached over and grabbed Jake's arm. I pointed at the scene in front of me.

I mouthed, "He imprinted on Brittany."

He took another look at the boy in front of us.

Jake looked even closer at Seth's actions. Seth held her away from him, touching as little of her of her as possible so that she kept cooler.

The look in his eyes was a mix of shock, awe, and happiness. Jake smiled at me then Seth. Then he remembered both Brittany's and my words and his face fell a little. Then it came back up.

"It will all work out," he whispered in my ear, "Don't worry."

I threw him a look and he laughed quietly.

I laughed along with him and gave him a little peck on the lips.

We then walked over to where Dad and the guys were discussing how to find that vile of antidote for Brittany.

The only thought running through my head was, 'I hope this all works out. If it doesn't it's entirely my fault.'  

******************************************************************************************************************* 

Hey guys I hope you guys liked this! 

The picture is Ice Cave 

REVIEW 

REVIEW 

REVIEW 

PLEASE thanks