Ch. 26- Leaving the Ship

Nessie’s POV

Did Jacob just threaten Brian? Did I just tell my family I am pregnant? I couldn’t believe what just happened. Jacob just left and no one knows where he went.

My parents were still here talking to Brian. I am cleaning up the mess Jake made. Jacob really did still love me.

My parents headed off to the spare room and got settled in. I walked over to Brian and gave him a kiss.

“I’m sorry you had to go through that, maybe that wasn’t a good impression of my family.” I said.

“It’s alright Ren, I understand, ex’s and stuff. They make it harder to deal with breakups.” Brian smiled.

I walked over to the living room and I turned on the TV. I was pondering if I wanted to watch a movie or catch up on some teen drama series. I just decided to put in a movie. I lay down on the couch. I quickly fell asleep.

I woke up to my movie being over and the news being on. Brian was sitting in the chair. My parents were out checking things out here in Florida. I shifted my weight to my bottom and tried to get up. I felt sickness and I ran to the bathroom. I got to the toilet just in time to release all of my breakfast.

I quickly washed my face and headed out of the bathroom. I glanced over to the chair to see Brian not there but in the back yard. I ran over to the kitchen and grabbed a water bottle. I walked over to back door. When I walked outside, Brian stood up and walked over to me.

“Hey Renesmee, I need to talk to you.” He spoke.

I nodded and sat down on the bench near the edge of the patio. “Sure thing Brian.”

He glanced over at me and frowned. I looked puzzled. What was wrong?

“Ren, I have thought about this long and hard, and I think we need to talk about the…um...baby.” He stuttered.

“Alright, go right ahead.” I spoke.

“Ren, I know how much you want to give the baby up for adoption, but I think it will be best for all of us if you would just get an… abortion.” He tried to say the word with a straight face.

“ARE YOU KIDDING ME?” I screamed at him. I smacked him across the face and ran into the house. I grabbed my bags and started to pack real quickly.

How could I be with someone who doesn’t want my baby to even live or even be with another loving family? I couldn’t take this anymore. I dialed my parents to come pick me up.

Brian was still outside when I struggled to get my bags out of the front door. I heard my parent’s car door open and my father was quickly to my side. He helped with the bags and my mother rushed over to me and hugged me.

“You guys still need to get your stuff.” I spoke softly.

They both nodded and my father walked into the house. Within 2 minutes my dad was putting his bags into the car.

I walked back into the house and went to the backdoor. I slid the door open and walked to the edge of the patio where Brian was sitting. He was looking up to the sky and was humming to a song.

I cleared my throat and tapped on his shoulder. He turned around and frowned. His eyes were getting watery and I could sense his heart beating faster.

“Brian, I’m sorry for slapping you, but I have decided to go home with my parents to where I belong.”

Brian’s head fell down. I knew I had hurt him, but he needed to realize that he hurt me more. I gave him a hug and a kiss on his cheek.

“I still love you Brian. I will miss you.” I started to cry. This guy had helped me through a tough time. I would truly miss him even though I couldn’t be with him.

“I love you too Ren. I will try to stay in touch with you. I hope we can still be friends.” Brian tried to sound hopeful. I smiled and then nodded.

I waved goodbye as I buckled my seatbelt. Brian was on the front porch tearing up. I knew I just broke his heart. This was an experience I wish I never would have had.

I started to dial Jake’s number but then hung up before the first ring finished. I didn’t know what I would tell Jake. I placed my phone in my purse and leaned my head against the car door and window. I closed my eyes and wondered where my dreams would take me.

As we drove off, we began to see trees and mountains. I had guessed that we were somewhere near Seattle.

“Hey mom, how much further?” I asked with a shaky voice.

“We’re actually about 2 miles out of Forks.” My mother answered.

I smiled. I needed to be home. I missed it here. I need to see my friends. I needed to see Kim and Emily. I needed my girls.

Besides my girls, I needed Jake. I needed to know he is okay. I needed him to hug me. To kiss me. To tell me everything is going to be okay. I needed the love of my life. I just needed…love.

As we pulled up to my grandparent’s house, I could smell werewolf scent. I got a huge smile on my face. My mother noticed that and smiled.

“Yes, Jake is here. You are lucky your father got him to come. He is very upset and he doesn’t know what to say. Be easy on him.” My mother spoke.

I nodded.

The car stopped. Both of my parents got out of the car. I hesitated to open the door. I had to take a moment for myself. I took a deep breath. I reached for the door and got out. I headed to the door and stopped right in front of the door.

Suddenly the door opened and there stood the face I wanted to see badly. Jake.

His smile was what made me cry. I gave him a huge hug. I buried my face into his chest. His arms wrapped around me.

“You will be okay, Ness. I know you will. I will be here for you every step of the way.” He tried to speak but stopped.

I kept crying. I loved this guy! He was my life. I looked up at his face.

“I love you” I whispered.

“I love you too.” He whispered back.