Ch 28- Beach day with Kim

It’s been a week since I’ve lost the baby. It’s been a week since I’ve seen Jake. I feel like a total mess. All I have been doing is sleeping, eating, and staying in my room. I just couldn’t believe I lost a baby. Grandpa Carlisle came over yesterday and talked about theories of why I lost the baby. One was because I was half vampire; another was because Brian wasn’t supernatural. I still didn’t know why I lost the baby.

I know Jacob was super upset that I had lost a baby but I could tell just a little bit he was relieved. I knew Jake had good intentions but this was a little selfish. I just put these thoughts behind me.

It was Saturday and I knew I needed to talk to Jacob. I picked up my phone and dialed his number.

“Hello?”

“Hey Jake, its Nessie. Are you busy?” My voice was shaky.

“Um…Kind of, what do you need?”

“Oh, I just wanted to see if you wanted to hang out at the beach.”

“Well, right now I’m in Canada with the pack. I’ll be home tomorrow, we can hang out then.”

I let out a sigh. I should know that just because I was home now, Jake shouldn’t have to ditch everything just to hang out with me. He had other friends, other family to be with. I was just the girl he imprinted on.

“Okay, see you tomorrow Jake.” I felt a tear go down my cheek. “I…love you.”

“Love you to Ness, see ya.” The call went dead.

I walked on over to my computer. I logged on. When I logged on to my g-mail, I got over a thousand messages. It took me about 15 minutes just to go through them all and pick which ones were important and trash. After going through my mail, I composed a message and addressed it to Kim.

Ø  Dear Kim,

Hey darling, it’s Ness. I’m back in town. I just left to try some things on my own. I needed me time. Well, I am really bored right now and I need some girl friend time. Want to head on over to the beach? Text me if you want to. The latest I will go out is 3.

Xoxo-Ness

I hit send. I went on over to my closet. I searched through my bathing suits. Making faces at the one’s that needed to be thrown out. I needed a shopping trip with Aunt Alice. I needed to make a mental note of that later. When I finally found a good looking one, I changed into it. I grabbed a loose razor back tank and some distressed light blue jean shorts. I grabbed a pair of bright pink flip-flops.

When I managed to get in the bathroom, I looked in the mirror and groaned. And pulled my hair back into a high pony. I put some mascara on and then called it good. When I walked into the living room no one was home. I looked at myself one more time and then headed out the door.

I walked to the main house. When I reached the house, I could already hear Emmett and my dad play fighting. My mom was of course laughing. Aunt Rose, not so much. This made me laugh.

“Hey guys” I said walking into the living room.

“Hey darling, how you doing?” My mom asked.

I shrugged, “I think I will be okay.”

Aunt Rose and Aunt Alice ran over to me and hugged me. I felt like my eyes were going to pop out of my head. I smiled. I really did miss these people.

My dad sat down on the couch. His eyes were filled with love and concern. I walked on over to him and sat on his lap. He whispered in my ear so low that only I could here. “It will be okay, I love you my baby girl.” At that moment all the tears I was trying to hold in came out like a waterfall. I hugged my dad so tight. He hugged me back with even more force. I loved my dad. I knew he would always be with me.

Uncle Jasper and Uncle Emmett were standing in the corner waiting for me to come to them. I got off my dad’s lap and walked on over to them. Emmett picked me up and hugged me in the air.

“Don’t let something like this beat you up. We are here for you”. He then put me down. I went over to Jasper and gave him a huge hug. I really did love my family.

Grandma Esme and Grandpa Carlisle nodded at me and grandma blew me a kiss.

“So, why are you all dressed up?” Alice asked.

“Kim and I are suppose to head on over to the beach.”

“That sounds fun, when?” Asked my mother.

“Hopefully before 3.”

“Well, before you leave, how about you sit down and watch some Pretty Little Liars with us.” Aunt Rose interjected.

I agreed and sat down on the couch. All the boys left the room.

After an hour of PLL, I got a text message from Kim saying she was all for it. I gave all the ladies a kiss on the cheek and said I was headed off. When I went to say goodbye to the guys, I asked my dad if I could borrow the BMW. He nodded and tossed me the keys. He gave me a kiss on the forehead and said goodbye.

It only took me 10 minutes to reach the beach. When I parked Kim was already laying out. I walked on over to her.

“Hey babe.” I said blocking her sun.

“Oh hey darling, sit, sit.” She said patting the blanket.

I sat down and looked out to the water.

“So, where the hell have you been?”

I sighed and began with the incident of finding Brittany. I went on to the whole kiss from Jake to my mom and then the part where I left and found myself in Florida. I told her about Brian and our house and the fact that he and I had sex. I told her how I saw Jake there and that I became pregnant. I even told her how Brian wanted me to have an abortion.

I started to cry again. She reached over to me and pulled me closer. She held onto me.

“The worst part is, I lost the baby a week ago.” Then I just blew it and balled my eyes out.

Her face was blank. Her eyes filled with concern and love. I knew she wouldn’t judge me.

“It will be okay, I am here for you Ness. Don’t ever forget that. I love you.”

I nodded. She let go of me and we both looked out to the waves crashing against the rocks. We lay out in the sun for about 2 hours till she got a text from Jared to come home.

“I love you Kim.” I said hugging her.

“I love you too Ness, don’t forget to call or text me. I don’t care if it’s 3 in the morning I will answer. You are my best friend.”

I said goodbye and headed off to my car.

On my way back to my grandparent’s house I got a text. I pulled over to check it. It was from Jake.

‘Hey Ness, sorry about not being there for you, I’m home now. Do you want me to come over?’

I hit reply. ‘Sure, I’m heading back from the beach. I need to drop off the car at Carlisle’s then I will walk on over.’ I hit send.

I put the car in drive and then drove to the house.

I handed the keys back to my dad and gave him a kiss.

“I’m heading home; I’ll see you guys later.”

“Are you going to be okay?” My mom asked.

“Yeah, Jake is coming over.”

She nodded and gave me a kiss.

“Love you mom.”

“Love you too.”

I gave my family all a huge hug and then left the house. When I reached for the door knob, the door opened to Jake only wearing his boxers and an apron.

“Oh my.” I said.

“Hello babe, welcome home.” He said.

I crushed my lips onto his.

This was my babe, this was my soul mate, my lover, my best friend. He was my Jacob.