Garrett Meets Fizzlepop and Starlight

Flashback... And minor spoiler, I guess...

Fizzlepop Berrytwist, formerly known as Tempest Shadow, was strolling around Ponyville. As a reformed villain, Fizz was attempting to find her place among the other ponies. Thankfully, most of them were all willing to forgive her. When, what to her curious eyes did appear, a pony she hadn't seen in years. Specifically a young stallion. His coat and mane were familiar to her. It was one of the children of the murdered Shimmer couple that the Storm King's former executioner, Skoll Jaeger had killed. "My, how he's grown," thought Fizz, "what was his name? Garrett? I should probably make amends with him. It may help me redeem myself even further..."

She walked up to Garrett and cleared her throat, saying, "Pardon me sir..." Garrett froze. He heard a voice he hadn't heard since he was a young colt. He wasn't sure, but he decided to turn around. And lo and behold, before his very own eyes was Tempest Shadow herself! "Uh, hi..." she awkwardly said, smiling sheepishly. Garrett recognized her, and ran off in fright. "Garrett, wait!" Fizz called out, running after him. Garrett was at a corner, trying to hide from her. Fizz faced him and asked, "Garrett...?"

"P-please don't hurt me Tempest Shadow! I didn't tell anyone about what happened that fateful day I swear!" Garrett said in fright. "I'm not here to harm you Garrett," said Fizz in a soft voice she usually didn't use. Garrett opened one eye and asked, "You're not?" Fizz shook her head no. "I'm fully reformed," stated Fizz. "Do you mean it?" Garrett asked. "Yes," replied Fizz, "in fact, I wanted to make amends with you and your sister."

"You didn't murder her?" Garrett asked. "Why would I do something as foolish as that?" Fizz asked. "Do you know where she is?" Garrett asked. "I do not," confessed Fizz, "but rest assured, I did not harm your sister." Garrett looked at her and asked, "Why did you spare my sister and I on the day of our parents deaths?"

"I'd never dare allow Skoll Jaeger to murder an innocent filly and colt," said Fizz, "can you ever find it in your heart to forgive me?" Garrett looked at her. He could tell she was serious. He stood up, looked at her, and said, "Of course I can forgive you... And thank you for sparing us..." He then hugged her. Fizz wasn't one to hug, but she hugged him back. "Just so you know," stated Fizz, "I no longer go by the name of Tempest Shadow. I go by the name of Fizzlepop Berrytwist." Garrett shrugged and asked, "Mind if I nickname ya Fizz?"

 "No pony has ever given me a nickname before," stated Fizz, "I suppose I can allow it. Now, you're looking for your sister, yes?" Garrett nodded and said, "Yes, it's a long story, you see..." What Garrett and Fizz didn't know was that a unicorn mare took notice. She had a light greyish heliotrope coat, a purple and aquamarine mane, and moderate Persian blue eyes. It was none other than Starlight Glimmer, Princess Twilight's student, Friendship Guidance Counselor, and reformed villain. She walked up and said, "Sunset?" Garrett and Fizz turned around, looking at Starlight. "What'd you say?" Garrett asked, taken aback. Starlight blushed and said, "Oh, I'm sorry... I mistook you for a friend I know, you, uh, look like her..."

 "Oh it's okay," chuckled Garrett, "plenty of ponies have mistaken me for my sister, Sunset Shimmer." Starlight gasped and asked, "You're Sunset Shimmer's brother?" 

 "Yes, my name is Garrett Shimmer," he replied, shaking her hoof, "and... You know my sister?" Now he was interested. "Yes, I befriended your sister," replied Starlight, "and, no offense, but she never mentioned having a brother... Though I'll admit, I can see a resemblance..." Garrett smiled and asked, "Do you know where my sister is?" Starlight hesitated and said, "It's complicated to explain..." 

"Perhaps we could take him to Princess Twilight Sparkle so she can explain it better?" suggested Fizz. "Sounds like a good idea," commended Starlight, "come with us to Twilight's castle, Garrett. She'll explain everything better." And so, Garrett followed Fizz and Starlight to Twilight's castle.