Reunion With The Princess of Friendship

As Sunset, Pinkie, and Applejack went to tell their friends that Garrett was alive and well, the young stallion walked with Robin to Twilight's castle. At the castle, Twilight was in her room with Spike, reading one of her scrolls. At least, she was trying to. But she just couldn't. The death of Garrett took a toll on her. She was devestated beyond words, even if his death was only a day ago. He had touched her heart in a way she could never forget, and now it was broken. She was struggling to fix the pieces of her heart that had been broken by his death. She couldn't sleep, couldn't eat. She just isolated herself, as a means to heal. Well, she didn't isolate herself from Spike. She put down the scroll, exhausted. "Spike....how long has it been since...he...." Twilight struggled to finish the sentence. The fact that she had to say that Garrett died broke her heart. "It's been a day," answered Spike, "I'm really sorry you had to go through all that. Especially for Sunset..." He looked at her sadly. Garrett had always been nice to Spike. Almost like a big brother.

Twilight looked down and sadly said, "I am too..." She then said with guilt and frustration, "I should have tried harder to save him! I should have tried something!!" A tear from her left eye came down. Spike gently hugged her. "We're all here for you Twilight..." Spike softly whispered, "Me, Shining Armor, Cadence, Flurry Heart, and everypony else." She hugged the little dragon back and whispered, "I know... I just need a little space Spike..." She went to her mirror and brushed her mane. Spike hadn't seen her this sad since Twilight felt guilty for snapping at her friends...

Suddenly, the door knocked. "I'll, uh, get that..." Spike said awkwardly as he left Twilight's room to see who was outside. Robin and Garrett were outside the castle. "This is a real nice castle," complimented Robin. "I know right?" replied Garrett. "Just know that I'm with you every step of the way," assured Robin. Garrett smiled at Robin. Spike then opened the door, saying, "Sorry, but the princess will not be seeing anypony at this time..." He then looked at the two stallions. "Hi..." Robin said sheepishly. Spike gave a baffled look, and looked at Garrett as if he was seeing a ghost. "I must be going crazy..." he said aloud, hyperventilating. "Spike, Spike listen to me..." Garrett said as he went in, Spike taking several steps back, "I'm not a ghost..."

"He's not a Changeling either." Robin chimed in. "It's actually me," assured Garrett, "now I need you to help me find Twilight. My friend Robin and I need to talk to her and..." That's when Spike fainted, blacking out. "And he's out like a lump," commented Robin. "That could've gone better," said a sarcastic Garrett, "you stay here and wake up Spike. I'm going to look for Twilight." Robin nodded, trying to revive the unconscious Spike. Garrett looked around Twilight's castle. "Okay, now which one is Twilight's room?" Garrett said aloud. Meanwhile in Twilight's room, Garrett's voice was getting closer and closer. She could practically hear his voice. She stopped brushing her mane. She listened to his voice. "No...he...he can't be..." thought Twilight as she heard his voice, then her eyes narrowed, "must be a dark Changeling... What if he's hurt Spike...?" She went to her door, getting into a fighting stance. Her horn was ready. Garrett was then outside her door. "Twilight?" he asked, "are you in there?? I'm not looking for any trouble..." Her eyes narrowed more. She felt as though whom she thought was a dark Changeling was taunting her. She was ready to blast. Though, she probably wouldn't go berserk. Garrett gently opened up the door, and saw it was Twilight, the mare he loved. Before he could say hello, Twilight then blasted at Garrett, pushing him to a wall, the wind getting knocked out of him. "Twilight, wait..." he weakly said, hurting.

"Who are you?!?!?!?!?!" She angrily yelled. "That's bad," said Robin as he ran to where he heard the ruckus. "Twilight, it's me," said Garrett, trying to reason with her. "Don't you dare mock me like that," she threatened, "I'm gonna give you one more chance... who are you?!?!?!!?!?"

"Twilight, it's me, Garrett! I know it's all confusing, but Dark Heart blasted me to another dimension! I swear, I'm telling the truth!" reasoned Garrett. "He's right!" Robin chimed in, running to where Twilight and Garrett were at. "Who are you? And why do you look like my brother if he went crazy?" Twilight asked, confused at this stranger who had no tail. "Golly, she does sound like Barbara," thought Robin as he said aloud, "I'm Robin Warner. I'm not a unicorn where I'm from. Garrett ended up in my dimension. I helped him get back here! Honest as can be! If you don't believe me, ask him something only Garrett Shimmer would know." Twilight at first thought Robin was crazy, but part of her did believe him. "Alright....how did we first meet?" asked Twilight, still glaring at Garrett, refusing to let her guard down. Garrett thought for a moment, remembering the event, and said, "Alright... Starlight and Fizz took me to your castle, looking for one of the princesses. Any princess to help me find my sister, Sunset... Then I met you, realizing you were The Princess of Friendship. When I looked into your violet eyes, it was like I'd laid eyes on the most beautiful Alicorn ever. You saved my sister Twilight... If it weren't for you, I'd never see her again..." Twilight's eyes widened, surprised. "If you still don't believe me, I'll show you an example of my singing," promised Garrett as he cleared his throat to begin singing. You, the lucky reader can play the song above if you want.

"Look at the sky, tell me what do you see?" sang Garrett, "Just close your eyes, and describe it to me... the heavens are sparkling with starlight tonight... that's what I see through your eyes..." And that's when Twilight knew it was him. "I see the heavens, each time that you smile..." she sang "I hear your heartbeat just go on for miles... and suddenly I know why life is worthwhile... That's what I see through your eyes..." The two then sang together in harmony, "That's what I see through your eyes... Here in the night, I see the sun. Here in the dark, our two hearts are one. It's out of our hands, we can't stop what we have begun. And love just took me by surprise, Looking Through Your Eyes..." Garrett then shed tears, not caring he was crying, and said, "Twilight, thank Celestia you're alive..." Tears went down Twilight's eyes as she said, "Garrett..." She then hugged him. Garrett hugged back. Robin smiled. "I missed you so much," said Garrett. Spike walked in, rubbing his head. When he saw the sight before him, his jaw dropped. But he could tell this was the real deal. "I'm just glad you're okay," she said, looking into Garrett's cyan eyes, "does your sister and everypony else know?"

"Yeah, they do," said Garrett as he looked into her violet eyes, "I was afraid I lost you... I love you Twilight Sparkle." She gave a look of surprise and asked, "You... You do...?" She knew the answer. And not even she could fight her feelings anymore. She just wanted to hear his voice say it. "I always have," admitted Garrett, "and I know all this is so sudden... But I don't care. I want you Twilight. You bring out the hero in me, a side I never thought I had... W-will you be my mare-friend, Princess Twilight?" Robin and Spike smiled. "Garrett Shimmer," she said, "Yes, I will be your mare-friend!" The two then kissed, embracing each other. "Awww....." Robin and Spike said together. After the kiss, Twilight smiled at Garrett, then looked at Robin and said, "Hello, you must be Robin Warner..."

"Looking Through Your Eyes," performed by Andrea Corr and Bryan White from Quest For Camelot.