Chapter 1

In the deep blue sea, there was a beautiful pink tailed boy swimming, playing with the fishes. He was really lonely. He even doesn't know who his family are; the only company now are the creatures of the sea. They have been raising him when he was two.

Suddenly, there was a shadow casting on them. Frightened, the fishes swam swiftly. The merboy looked up and in curiosity, he swam up to the surface. He peeked his head out of the water and looked up to see a wooden ship in front of him.

It was night

It was night. The moon lightened up the darkness along with the twinkling stars in the sky. But then, dark gray clouds covered the evening sky and lets out a roaring thunder and flashed of lightning making the poor merboy yelped and flinched. Heavy rain started to pour and the strong gust of wind blew causing the current strong.
The merboy looked up at the ship, rocking side to side. The lightning flashed again and it reached down on one of the masts, the flames appeared. The merboy saw many humans quickly riding on the boats.

"WAIT! MY SON IS STILL ON THE SHIP!"

But it was too late, the ship exploded cause by the gun powder. All the pieces of woods fell on the sea. The merboy swam to find a survivor. He looked around and that's when he looked back to see a human boy hanging on the floating wooden box but the boy was too weak to hold on and slowly sank down in the water.

The merboy quickly reacted and dove down. He grabbed the boy's hand and puts his arm around his waist. He pulled swam up and the human boy gasped quietly.

The merboy swam slowly to the coast with the human boy in his arms.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

After the storm, the cumulunimbus clouds passed by, uncovering the sky. The sun started to rise and the sky turned from black to azure.

The merboy pulled the human boy to the land while crawling on the sand. He laid the human boy there. He looked at him curiously and hesitantly reached his hand on his face. His fingers brushed against his hair, his closed eyes, his nose, his cheeks, his jaw until he reached his lips.

The human lets out a groan while fluttering his eyes open. Once he fully opened his eyes, he gawked at the sight in front of him. A cute merboy with rosy chubby cheeks, pink lips, unusual pink hair and his hazel eyes full of curiosity.

He slowly sat up slowly, still looking at him with amazement. His eyes then travelled down to his pink tail.

"So pretty." The human boy mumbled and slowly reached for his tail but then, the merboy flinched making the human pulled his hand back. The merboy realized what he's doing so he pulled his tail closer to the human boy. The human boy touched his scaled tail. "Wow!"

The boy looked at the merboy with a smile showing his cute dimple. Out of curiosity,the merboy poked his dimpled cheek making the human boy giggle at his cuteness. The boy then noticed the two cats that looks like scars on each side of his neck. "Those look painful." He said as he touched the sides of the merboy's neck making him flinch. "Oh, I know! They use to help you breathe in the water right? Gills!" The poor merboy looked confused because the boy talked fast (like his rapping 😂) but nodded anyway.

"I'm Kim Namjoon, what's your name?" He asked and the merboy tilted his head, not knowing what it is. "N..ame?" The human boy nodded. "Yes your name." The merboy looked at him with a smile. "Jin!" He said happily.  The human boy then remembered the storm last night. "Did you save me last night?" He asked and the merboy nodded in response. "Well, thank you, Jin!" He said. The pink tailed boy just nodded with a smile. Namjoon frowned. "You don't talk much, do you?" Jin just looked down in embarrassment and shook his head. "So, you can only say your name." Jin nodded and sighed sadly.

"Didn't your parents care?" Namjoon asked with an angry look. Jin shook his head slowly and sighed sadly. Namjoon gasped. "So, you're alone?" In response, Jin nodded his head.

"Don't worry, Jin! I'll teach you!" Namjoon said with glee and Jin looked at him, tilted his head to the side. "T- teach?" He repeated what Namjoon said and the human boy just chuckled.

"NAMJOON!"

Both of them snapped their head to look at the owner of the voice.

There, they spotted a man running towards them with a worried face. "Dad?"

His father hugged him tightly. "My son, I'm so happy that you're okay." He said and sighed in relief.  The king opened his eyes and looked behind his son; he spotted the merboy who was looking at him with fear and confusion.

"Son, stay away from it!" He said with authority in his tone while pulling him away from the merboy.

Namjoon looked back at Jin and gasped when he saw Jin's face. He quickly went to his side and puts his arm around him.

"No, dad! Jin saved me last night." He said frantically. "He didn't mean any harm."

The king looked at the prince with a confused look and then, at the merboy  — who was looking at him with big eyes. He sighed and smiled slightly. "Thank you for saving my boy." 

Jin looked at Namjoon at first before he looked at the king and nodded with a smile.

"Can we keep him, dad?" The young Prince asked and his father was baffled at the sudden request.

"My son, he has a family to return to." The king replied.

Namjoon sighed sadly. "He's an orphan."

The king looked at Jin with pity — who was looking down sadly and sniffled while fiddling with his fingers.

His heart grew heavy at the sight and sighed. "Alright. He can stay with us." Namjoon and Jin looked at the king with wide eyes and the prince gave his father a hug.

"Thank you, dad!" He said happily  and looked at Jin. "Did you hear that, Jin? You're staying with us!" In response, Jin clapped happily making the king shook his head with a smile.