Chapter 8

Jin missed the sea dearly. He was looking at the window in front of him, far from his reach with a sad face, seeing the sight of the sea. He missed swimming with his fish friends and smelling the salty breeze. Jin sighed, leaned his head on his crossed arms on the tub, still looking at the sight.

It's Jin's 18th birthday yet he's still sad. Without knowing, Namjoon was leaning against the wall with his arms crossed. He looked at Jin with a frown to see that his merman missed the sea.
He walked towards the tub and sat down on the steps, making Jin looked at him. Namjoon reached his hand to his cheek, stroking it softly. "Why so sad beautiful? It's your birthday today, aren't you happy?" He asked and Jin lets out a small smile.

"Of course, I am." The merman answered with a weak smile and looked back at the window.

Namjoon followed his gaze and knew the reason of his sadness.

"You really miss the sea." Namjoon said while sitting on the steps, leaning his back against the tub.

"It's just that.....the sea creatures had been taken care of me since I was two." Jin explained while putting his head on his crossed arms that were on the tub.

"Do you know how you end up alone?" He asked while looking at the Merman.

Jin sighed sadly and shook his head. The prince turned to face the merman, caressing his cheek, stroking it softly.

Seeing the merman sad on his birthday is one big no no to Namjoon. He wanted to make his boyfriend feel happy and special.

And that's what he must do....

"Jin, let's go swimming."

Jin looked at Namjoon with wide eyes. "But, J-Joonie, the guards—" "Don't worry, Jin, I just want you to be happy on your birthday." He said with a smile while Jin rolled his eyes playfully. "I don't know if I should kiss you or slap you in the head." The prince chuckled.

"Let's go, the sea is waiting for you." Namjoon said and carried Jin off the tub.

"Joonie! Your clothes." Jin exclaimed as he was carried in a bridal style.

"I don't care." Namjoon shrugged and they made their way out of the bathroom.

The prince opened the door of his chamber, looking around the hallway if there's any maids or butlers there. Fortunately, there's none. Namjoon went out of his room with Jin in his arms.

He walked in the hallway of the castle, heading to the passage that goes down at the bottom of the castle that leads to the sea. It was really dark in the passageway.

"Joonie, I can't see, am I blind?" Jin asked in a panic. Namjoon shook his head.

"No, Jinnie. You're not blind. It's just dark inside here." He explained.

"Oh." That's all what Jin said.

They both then heard the echo of the sea and Jin is excited to swim.

Once they finally got out of the passage, a bright light blinded them for awhile. In front of them, was the sea, waves crashed against the rocks, making splashes.

Namjoon went to the edge of the rocks and dipped Jin down in the sea. The prince saw a big smile formed on the older's face making the prince happy too. Namjoon stood up and took his coat off and his boots before jumping in the water, making Jin startled.

The merman waited for the prince to rise up to the surface but after awhile, he started to get worried. "Joonie?!" He called as he frantically looked around. "Joonie?!" He called again but there was no response.

Then there was someone suddenly jumped out of the water, attacking the merman from the back, making Jin scream and swiftly turned around to see Namjoon laughing while holding his stomach for laughing hard. "Yah! Kim Namjoon! You almost gave me a heart attack!" Jin exclaimed while slapping his arm. "S-sorry!" He said while covering himself to protect from Jin's slaps.

"You're lucky that I love you or else I would drown you." He said while crossing his arms, trying to pull an angry face but the prince found it cute.

Namjoon wrapped his arms around his waist, pulling him closer. "But you already drowned me with your love, Jinnie." He said with a smirk as he winked at him. Jin blushed and playfully slapped his chest. "You cheesy prince!"

The rest of the day, the merman and the prince are spending time in the sea, playing and splashing at each other.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Namjoon carried Jin back in his chamber, to the bathroom. He puts Jin down in the tub gently.

"Thank you for everything, Joonie." Jin said and pecked his lips lovingly. Namjoon stroked his pink hair and pecked his forehead. "You're welcome, Jin." He replied and pecked his lips.

That was the best birthday for Jin.