Chapter 9

Everything was blurred. All he saw was blurry figures with colors. Laugh echoed everywhere. It was filled with happiness and joy. The sound of lyres played harmoniously, making such sweet music.

But then the lightning flashed along with the roaring thunder. He flinched and yelped at the sudden frightening sound.

Instead of a harmonious melody and a joy of laughter, screams of terror and battlecry was heard.

"SIRENS!"

"RUN AWAY!"

"GO! HURRY!"

"KILL THEM!"

He was terrified on what was happening. He looked around frantically but he only saw blurry figures but one figure approached him.

"....JIN! NO!"

That's all he heard until everything went black.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Jin woke up and panted heavily. He quickly sat up, putting his hand on his bare chest to calm his heart.

A roar of thunder boomed and a flash lightning made Jin jumped in fright. He looked out of the window to see that it was storming outside. Another thunder boomed loudly, making him yelped.

"I can't sleep alone." He murmured to himself. He looked at the door and he thought of something. "Joonie!" He called out, hoping that the prince could hear him but sadly, he didn't. The merman sighed and decided to take matters with his own hands.

He slowly and carefully crawled out of the tub, taking a towel beside him and dried his tail. He crawled down the steps one by one, heading to the door. He reached up to the door knob, twisted it to open. Jin opened the door to see the prince sleeping on his king sized bed, tucked in a black blanket. He crawled towards the bedside and with all his might, he pushed himself up on the bed and sat down. Jin looked down at his beloved human prince with a loving smile as he reached his hand to his cheek, caressing it. Jin leaned down and kissed his cheek softly like a feather touching his cheek.

Namjoon stirred from his sleep and quietly groaned. He opened his eyes and saw Jin in front of him. He gasped quietly and sat up. "Jin, what are you doing here?" He groggily asked while rubbing his eyes and realization hit him hard. "Did you just crawl all the way here?" Jin nodded in response. "Why didn't you call me?" The prince asked. "I just realized you're a heavy sleeper." He said while rolling his eyes. "Anyway, Joonie, I can't sleep. The thunder is making me scared and frightened." The merman pouted while explaining.

Just in time, the thunder boomed louder than before, Jin screamed and hid his face on Namjoon's chest while clutching his night clothes, whimpering. Namjoon just wrapped his arms around the pink merman, kissing his forehead for comfort.

Namjoon pulled him down and laid on the pillows with his arms still around him. He then heard soft snores and looked down to see Jin fell asleep in a speed of light. The prince couldn't help but chuckle at the cute sight. Another thunder boomed but Jin didn't react this time because he knows that he is safe in the arms of his beloved Prince Namjoon.