Chapter 2

After sneaking inside the castle without being caught by the castle guards, the prince and the king with a merboy in his arms made it successfully in the prince's chamber. They went inside the bathroom that has circular steps and in the middle of the steps is the circular bathtub.

 They went inside the bathroom that has circular steps and in the middle of the steps is the circular bathtub

A/n: imagine that tub a bit bigger.

The prince turned the faucet on. The water started to fill the tub and the king slowly put Jin in the tub. Once, the tub is full, Namjoon turned it off.

"I have to go to tell your mother that you're alright." The king said and left the two alone. The merboy was so thankful and he wanted to show his gratitude to the prince. Since he can't speak, he decided to take a bold action. Jin turned his head to face Namjoon and kissed his cheek. The prince was surprised and his face turned red making the merboy giggle at his reaction.

Namjoon looked at Jin. "I-is that a t-thank y-y-you?" He stuttered and the merboy nodded with a smile. Namjoon couldn't help but smile back goofily at him. "Y-you're welcome." He said while rubbing his nape.

Suddenly, footsteps heard outside of the bathroom making both of them swiftly looked at the wooden door with wide eyes. Before the two kids react, the door slammed opened to see the queen with dry tears staining her cheeks with the king behind her.

"Namjoon, my b-AAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!" The queen screamed when she saw Jin in the tub. Jin also screamed and hugged Namjoon swiftly. The king and the prince quickly covered their mouths with their hands. The queen looked at her husband with wide eyes. "Sweetie, once I let go of my hand, don't scream." He said and the queen nodded in response. The king slowly removed his hand from the queen's mouth and Namjoon did the same to Jin while the merboy was still clinging on his neck, still scared.

"Ryun, why is there a mermaid in our son's room? Don't you know how dangerous they are?" The queen said while glaring at her husband. "Honey, this merboy rescued our son in the storm." He explained and the queen looked back at Jin who stared back at her with frightened expression.  "He is also an orphan, he doesn't have a place to stay in the sea." The queen gasped at the explanation and suddenly felt pity for the merboy. She slowly walked towards the merboy and crouched down at his level. She smiled at him. "Thank you for saving Namjoon. You can stay longer if you want." She said softly and the merboy smiled and clapped happily. The queen giggled at his cuteness. "Mom, his name is Jin. He can't speak because he doesn't know how." Namjoon said and the queen saddened. "But don't worry, I'll help him." He added and the queen smiled and patted Namjoon's head. "You're such a good friend to him, do it well, my son." The queen stood up and looked at the king with a worried look. "What shall we do? Our people hate mermaids. If they find out about Jin then he's done for." She said and the king hugged her. "Don't worry, Seoyeon. We'll just keep this a secret for now but if they do find out, we'll bring Jin back to the sea for his safety." He said and the queen nodded. "Okay." She replied and smiled at Jin.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door making all of them jump. The king and the queen looked at the boys with wide eyes. The king puts a finger to his lips, signalling them to be quiet. The queen walked out of the bathroom and headed to the door, opening slightly to see a butler. "Your majesty, is everything alright?" The butler asked worriedly and the queen nodded casually. "Yes, I just saw a lizard and I almost stepped on it." She said and the butler bought the lie. "Oh, okay. I'll leave for now." He said and bowed before he continued walking in the hallway.  The queen closed the door and sighed in relief. She walked back to the bathroom. "We must tell the castle staffs to not enter in our son's room without his permission." She sighed and the king looked at the boys. "You two can play but quietly. Me and your mom will have a meeting with the staffs." Then they both left, leaving the merboy and the prince in the bathroom.

Namjoon looked at Jin with a smile, showing his dimples. "So, wanna start learning how to speak right now?" He asked and the merboy smiled, nodding his head fast, showing that he's excited. Namjoon chuckled.

"Okay, okay, let's start at the basics: first, introducing yourself." Jin nodded attentively, already determined to be taught by the smart young prince.

"Repeat after me."

Jin nodded.

"My"

"M....my"

"Name"

"N-name"

"Is"

"Ish"

Namjoon laughed at his pronounciation. "No, Jin, it's "is" as in ssssss." Jin made an 'o' shaped on his mouth and nodded. "Okay, again."

"My"

"M-my"

"Name"

"N-name"

"Is"

"I.....Isssss"

Namjoon laughed at his silliness.

"Jin."

"J-Jin."

Jin gasped and clapped his hands happily and Namjoon chuckled.

"Okay, one last time."

"My"

"My"

"Name"

"Name"

"Is"

"I-Is"

"Jin"

"Jin!"

"Faster this time"

"My"

"My"

"Name"

"Name"

"Is"

"Is"

"Jin"

"Jin"

They repeated that sentence four times until Jin can handle it.

"Okay, Jin. Introduce yourself." Namjoon said and the merboy nodded, clearing his throat.

"My name is Jin."

Jin gasped and happily clapper his hands again. Namjoon smiled proudly at his mermaid friend and ruffled his pink hair.

"Not bad for a beginner."