Chapter 14

"Joonie..." Jin called out, snapping the prince back from his train of thoughts and his cheeks started to heat up. He slowly approached the beautiful merman and sat in front of him. Jin looked down bashfully. Namjoon reached his hand out and caressed his blushed cheek, making Jin looked at him with his shiny eyes.  "How did I get so lucky? Such beautiful creation I've ever seen." The prince then leaned forward and kissed the pink merman. Jin cupped the sides of his neck, pulling him closer to deepen the kiss. Namjoon bit his bottom lip and Jin got the message, opening his mouth to let him in. The merman moaned as his tongue got sucked by his beloved.

The prince pulled away slightly and slowly then pecked the corner of his lips to get rid of the saliva.

"Happy Birthday, Joonie." Jin whispered while he unconsciously stroked his neck. "Thank you, my pink princess." Jin pulled away and looked down at the tub. He puts his hand in the water and raised it again.

In the palm of his hand, there laid, is the Pearl ring

In the palm of his hand, there laid, is the Pearl ring. The prince gasped as the merman puts his hand in front of him. "This pearl is from my tears and mum decided to turn this into a ring ." He said and grabbed his hand. Jin slowly inserted the ring to his marriage finger.

"Thank you, Jin." Namjoon pecked his lips and looked at the ring then back at Jin. "I should've been the first to insert a ring on your finger but I guess you beat me to it." The prince chuckled and Jin looked at him confuse.

"What do you mean?" Without reply, Namjoon just fished something out of his pocket, revealing the red velvet box. Jin gasped as the prince opened the box to see another Pearl ring.

"Jin, all my life, I've yearned for this moment to come

"Jin, all my life, I've yearned for this moment to come. I love you ever since we're kids. I can't waste any opportunity to give all my well-being to such a beautiful and kind person. I want to spend the rest of my life with you so, Jin, will you marry me?"

Jin started to tear up but he realized that he isn't royal and is a merman. "B-but, Joonie, I'm not a royal and also, I'm merman." He said looking down. Joon puts his forehead against his and nuzzled it softly. "Merman or not, I still choose you." The prince whispered. Jin cried while smiling and he nodded. "Then yes, I'll marry you." He whispered back. Namjoon didn't waste anymore time and slid the ring on his finger. Jin cried more and hugged his prince. Namjoon caressed his pink hair and pecked his neck and shoulder with small kisses.

They both pulled away and looked each other lovingly.

"I love you."

"I love you too, Jinnie."

Namjoon leaned and kissed him as Jin kissed back, tangling his fingers on his hair.

Little did they know, they were caught.